Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Clutch Problem: Subaru Forester, 2001, manual, UK model.

('01-'02) 
3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  vintage42 
#1 ·
Clutch Problem: Subaru Forester, 2001, manual, UK model.

Hi,

after being advised my clutch release bearing was worn (lots of noise) I decided to replace the clutch and bearing. To be more precise my friend done the work as I know nothing about cars.

I bought a new clutch kit and my friend completed the work. The clutch appeared fine to start with, but after 2 weeks I have the squeaking noise that was there before when the bearing was worn.

My friend confirmed the bearing that was replaced, a long with the clutch, was really worn. The problem we have now is after fitting a new clutch kit we don't know why the noise has returned.

My friend has done some research and found it's possible to buy a tsk3 (sleeve kit) as mentioned else where on the forum. What I'm hoping to find out is could there be another cause?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge. My friend advised when doing the job he couldn't see any other signs of wear and there was no problem seen with the fly wheel.

Any suggestions? Do you know if the tsk3 kit will solve the problem? Is there some other checks that can be carried out? Does anyone know a UK supplier of the tsk3 sleeve kit should I need one?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Any information missing from the post I can find out if you let me know what more I can add.

Thanks.

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.