Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Cardone Select CV drive axle info...

('06-'08) 
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Fastcast 
#1 ·
Are the Cardone Select CV drive axles a recommended replacement for my daughters 06 Outback with 185,000 miles? Looks like the originals were replaced with who knows what and the car has the vibration on acceleration and idle.

I have already replaced the tranny mount figuring it would be the cheapest place to start and that did help substantially but still can feel it slightly and even more so turning out from a stop with brisk acceleration. Just was hoping to fix this problem, as it drives me nuts lol, without having to go all in on new OEM Subaru ones. Don't want to invest money and time in the Cardones though if they're not going to get rid of the vibration!

Here's the ones I'm considering:
Product Detail

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply! Actually, I haven't replaced the engine mounts, since I'm not seeing a lot of movement or clunking when shifting into gear. We've only had the car for a few months but guessing they have not been replaced, as the tranny mount was original.

Picked this thing up for $300...with blown head gaskets. Had the heads machined, new MLS gaskets, valve cover gaskets and tube seals, etc. New timing belt, idlers, tensioners, water pump, thermostat, seals, etc. New brakes and rotors, sway links, alignment, fresh Amsoil for the front and rear differentials, drain and refill tranny fluid. Probably forgetting something but the car is running fantastic now, besides still having the slight vibration at idle and sometimes turning out of a stop to quickly. The tranny mount resolved most of the vibration, which was constant on acceleration before replacing that.

I could check with Jackie, although my local Subie dealer is fantastic and I have a very good rapport with the parts manager and he always discounts my parts.

Here's a couple pics of the Outback, not a spot of rust anywhere on the body!

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.