Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2005 Forester XT 5th gear ratio?

('03-'05) 
7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Pmpautogroup 
#1 ·
So after many hours of internet research, and mine own personal findings.

Every trans chart lists the 2004-2005 Forester 5 speed Xt trans as a .738 5th gear.

But on my own personal XT and a very good friend of mine who is running a 04 XT 5 speed also confirmed via GPS and Rev data along with measured tire size...

We both get .78 as our 5th gear.

Anyone have any insight on this?

#6 ·
#7 ·
I guess this is going over a few peoples heads.

First, tire size does not matter, It is being used in the calculations. I am not putting 215/60/16 in there and then running a 50 series tire.

The correct rolling diameter is being used.

Second, 2004-2005 XT 5 speeds only have 4.44 FD. So that is obviously what I am using.

Let me say it like this. With using the correct 4.44 FD, GPS speed correction, True tire size diameter, and rev data. I do not get .738 as my fifth gear in my 2005 XT And another friend of mine who is running a 2004 XT 5 speed setup from me comes up with the same exact calculations.

So. My question isnt the MATH. Its if anyone else has tried to run the data and came up with something other then .738 5th, or has any more information to add.

I know my 5th gear is .78 I am not looking to further question that. I have already pulled my tail-shaft off and pulled 5th gear and put it side by side with a wrx 5th .738

I am beyond that stage.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.