Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2005 Forester XT Automatic Issues?

('03-'05) 
2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Awesomo360 
#1 ·
Good Afternoon guys!

I am in need of some help. I have the P0700 CEL and hear a whine while driving. The whine is coming from the transmission and I notice it "binds" or kinda wiggiles around when taking tight turns, it seems like it only happens in the rear? I have owned many subies but never one with Coilovers and auto at that.

I changed the transfluid with ENOS Dex 3 ATF and filter as well. I noticed it was "black" ish. I also changed all drive train fluid including front diff. The diffs seemed fine, older oil but other then that fine.

I also noticed while the check engine light popped for the P0700 code the cruise control was flashing. The only time I did not hear the whine was in N and R. When I took it for a drive i hear the whine pick up "tone" while i drive along with when it shifts it pauses and then will shift.

I am not tooo familiar with autos but I assume Valve body? Any input or things to check would be great. I did some googling and searching but did not really find anything conclusive.

Thanks for any help guys!

See less See more
#6 ·
Update, now that its finally done. The whining i was hearing was not the Torque Converter it was actually a needle bearing that was wore out, and when it stopped making the noise.... well it had exploded lol. So all in all it destroyed Hardparts, and took everything else with it. Every piece of my transmission has been replaced. Also added a decent size Trans cooler to ensure i maintain proper trans temps even if i want to get hairy.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.