Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

04 STI transmission wiring into 04 XT 5-spd

('03-'05) 
2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Rich- 
#1 ·
Alright, so I finally have my transmission in the car and it is working awesome. I still have one issue that the shop working on it didn't even address. Reverse lights and neutral safety. I know it is common to just swap out the harness and leave the wires open for the DCCD, but they also threw that out (I have a DCCD pro that wasn't installed either -_______-)

So, I have both the Forester FSM, and the 04 Impreza manual, problem is none of the wire colors match up on the 4 pin firewall connector in the Forester FSM, and the same thing with the STi transmission harness.

I went by the test procedures and found out which pins were the neutral safety, and I thought I had the correct wires for the reverse lights but NOPE! When I went to drive the car, put it in reverse and the car instantly died. So I am at a total loss.

Does anyone with experience know what wire goes to what for reverse lights? or even the 2 wire colors that go to the DCCD would help. Anything is appreciated, I a, just at a loss now.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.