Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

0-60 4.7 on 4EAT really?

18K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  Superacerc 
#1 ·
Holy cow, is the AP accurate and is this possible?

2004 XT stage 3 17psi, temp 38F, spare tire, 92 octane. Nothing special on launch, foot on gas and go.

Previous best was 6.0 seconds, but this time I didn't floor it and as I accelerated I gave it more gas.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
With the mods you have on your car, that is very obtainable, especially if you are closer to sea level than most. 0-60 on STOCK 5-speed XT's were 5.3 seconds as tested by MotorTrend.

Best thing to do would be to record the speedometer and clock it that way.

#14 ·
Maybe its different but im not really that knowledgeable about the tranny so I have no idea. I get lots of front wheelspin as well which is why I said if I could cancel that out by dropping the air pressure in the front tires I might be able to get it quicker. Im sure nate is down into the 3 second range with his 2011. This tranny keeps taking a beating thats for sure and never skips a beat. When it does id like to try and deal for a built 5eat.(i prefer the 6 spd if possible but my wife won't go for it).

#16 · (Edited)
The difference between Cobb stage 2 and 3 is significant. The difference between Cobb stage 3 and a protune is significant.

I never launch and now I can go under 5.6s each time easily. I think a few things attribute to 'my' fast acceleration: a good protune with max boost hitting before 3000rmp, a final drive ratio of 4.44, and lighter weight of the 2004 model.

The tranny is rock solid, I did put in cooler recently.

#19 · (Edited)
Yep, he was running the VTD center differential. He has a full write up of how to do the VTD differential in an MPT trans. After busting the front differential CASING, almost completely from one CV axle to the other at Cobb stage 2, Its going to take some time for me to build back up my trust for the 4eat haha a6n6d6y is also the one who presented the "resistor mod" for the Direct control 4eats used in the XTs. It supposedly increases the line pressure (via the line pressure solenoid), and allows firmer shifts. He definitely knows what hes talking about, posting 3.3 second 0-60s, VTD swaps, etc.. I'm going to trust that and do the resistor mod on my 04 when i get the replacement transmission installed.

#23 ·
I have yet to get to the track, but im confident on the sticky surface I can manage a 3.8-3.9. Ive recorded several 4.0s on the street with lots of wheel spin.

Skate, that 68 must spoil pretty nicely. Where do you achieve max boost? My 18g takes a moment to hit hard but when it does its a blast.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.