Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Uneven height on 2017 Forester

('14-'18) 
1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Bardo 
#1 ·
Hi all.. I'm hoping for some direction. After a long search my daughter purchased a new 2017 Forester a few days ago. The next day I noticed the car appeared higher from ground on the passenger side than driver side. So I moved the car into the garage on a level surface to measure the hight. Check the tire pressures and I measured from rock still to the ground on both sides and it was over 1/2 inch different. I measured from ground to fender lip on both side and it was over 1/2 inch different. I placed a level on the front bumper and it confirms the results. I repeated this measurement five time to confirm and the results were the same. I contacted the dealer and they said wait a few months it should be okay after that. I am confused and concern. Please advise me on what I should do and why the driver side is lower on passenger side by little over 1/2 inch? Is that normal? Thank you

#3 ·
This person reported the same not long ago:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f88/17-forester-xt-leaning-left-side-624586/

There was no update/response to the thread. I don't think OEM or good quality springs need time to "settle", so I don't think waiting is going to help.

On the above thread, dpm suggested looking for "transit wedges" in the springs. I have never heard of that before, but a search doesn't bring up much, so don't know what to suggest there...

I'd suggest taking it back to your dealer, and while they have it, ask to look at another on the lot and take your tape measure to compare.

Either way, please update the thread if you can since this isn't an isolated case, and building up a searchable base of knowledge is one of the most useful aspects of forums like these.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.