Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Umm... speakers on FXT16

3K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  kutavyz 
#1 ·
I picked up the new ride this week. I don't know why but the speakers are already detached from the dash...

Bringing it in this afternoon to check but wow...

See less See more
#9 ·
They ordering new part for me but the guy said it'll happen AGAIN under heat... and I live in Vancouver... lot cooler than Oklahoma too... Damn...

He said there's no fix atm... I don't believe him... might bring to another dealer to service.

#12 ·
Maybe it's all chance. Buddy of mine also got a forester 2 weeks ago. No issue.

The difference is I got xt and he got 2.5 limited.

Beside parking under the sun. I like it blast my music. I hope th subwoofer didn't cause this.

Still kinda bummed.

#15 ·
The heat excuse sounds like BS to me. I'm in Texas, and my car is out in the sun all day. It sat through 5 months of temps over 90F last year and the speaker covers never popped up like that...

If you don't want to keep wasting time with the dealer, I would try putting a little strip of friction/grip tape on the inside of the speaker area (or the outside edge of the cover).

#16 ·
Hate to say it, but the tweeter covers not seating properly has been a perennial issue. Aside from the dealer fixing it, I would suggest contacting Subaru Customer Service to log your issue. Fuji Heavy Industries (now Subaru Corporation) will investigate build issues but only if there are enough reports from the field to justify the investigation.

#18 ·
I saw the exact same speaker cover issue while sitting in a '16 XT touring at a dealership in North Reading Massachusetts. It seemed odd so I pushed it down flush. No "click" sound(s) and it popped back up. Gotta be an issue. I don't buy the heat excuse either, dashboards have been baking in the sun, well... since the invention of sun. Hope mine doesn't do that when it comes in.

#21 ·
..."No it doesn't produce a click sound when I push down hard... which is a bit disappointing... I may have to use some tape or adhesive like others have suggested."...

F-THAT!! I'd be at the dealer every day I was free. I feel Subaru has a really good reputation and a good track record. That's one of the reasons I pulled the trigger on an FXT. They need to make it right, stay strong!

#25 ·
I got my car at Don dock marine drive and Cambie. Btw, i duno if u have navigation with voice entry, but the system doesn't regonize any addresses I spoke to the system. I talk to Don dock and their fix didn't work. I then talked to subaru Canada and the gal at subaru Canada said they have a new software update. I scheduled to take my car in mid July, buy if u have that issue, plx get it updated at the same time. They don't advertise this and won't bring it up unless u do.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

#31 ·
So they have ordered me the new parts and are going to put them in after the weekend. He said in the past that putting in the new parts might not solve the issue... so should I replace them, or keep the old ones?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.