Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

TPMS Issue

('14-'18) 
3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ForesterGuy15 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Yesterday morning I was pulling the car out of the garage and while I was closing the garage door the TPMS started flashing while the car was in Park, I got out and visually checked all the tires as I thought I possibly ran over something because I check my pressure regularly, Well anyways everything looked sound as I was running late and had to leave so I couldn't check it more accurately with my digital gauge, Fast forward to today the problem has not reoccurred and I checked my pressures this morning with my gauge while the tires were cold and my fronts are 32PSI and my Rears are 31 where I set them about a month or so ago, I know their suppose to be 30 front and 29 Rear per decal on the jam but I overfill 2 PSI to account for temp changes and so forth, Its my understanding a flashing light doesn't mean a pressure problem but could mean a problem with one of the sensors signal getting to the TPMS module or worse case the module having a problem, I really don't like taking my car to the dealer as I know if this persists it would be a warranty job, Should I just leave things alone for now and see if it happens again or should I take it in to get checked? I saw a couple affordable TPMS scanners on Ebay that could be helpful with finding a problem sensor. Have any of you had this issue?

#5 ·
Agree, a steady light typically indicates a low pressure situation, while a flashing light indicates a communications or some type of system malfunction.

There are low(ish) cost units like the Autel TS401 that can be used to ping each individual wheel sensor to read out it's vital signs and verify whether they are working properly. You can't, however (without the Subaru Select Monitor scan tool) tell whether the receiver unit is working properly or has stored any error codes.

I'd probably hold to see if the problem reoccurs, or if it was just a fluke.

#6 ·
I just bought the autel ts401 because we have a lot of cars that have the tpms system, When it arrives I'll check the sensors and see what it says, If it happens again I'll have to bite the bullet and take it in after all it should be warranty work, I just hate other people working on my car...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.