('09-'13) Subaru Service Program WQC-39: ECM Reprogramming - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
Subaru Forester Forum
ebay search
Subaru Forester Forum
Go Back   Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Problems, Maintenance, and Warranty
SubaruForester.org is the premier Subaru Forester Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 1998
Car Model: Forester
Gallery: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Subaru Service Program WQC-39: ECM Reprogramming

Subject: Subaru Service Program WQC-39: ECM Reprogramming
2011-2012MY All Models & 2013 BRZ; Only Vehicles Registered in California Emission States: CA, CT, MA, MD, ME, NJ, NY, OR, PA, RI, VT, and WA.
Subaru of America, Inc. has initiated a Service Program to reprogram the Engine Control Module on all 2011 and 2012 models within specific VIN ranges and certain 2013 BRZ models. This program only involves vehicles that are registered in the California emission states (CA, CT, MA, MD, ME, NJ, NY, OR, PA, RI, VT, and WA).
A modification to the ECM software logic has been developed to improve the monitoring parameters within the On-Board Diagnostic (OBDll) system for the engine coolant thermostat. This correction ensures that should there be an abnormal condition (i.e., the engine coolant does not reach or maintain the proper operating temperature), the “check engine light” will illuminate. The proper illumination of the “check engine light” is needed to alert the driver that corrective action may be required.
ECM reprogramming PAK files will not be available for all models at the time this Service Program is initially released. PAK files will be available in accordance with the schedule found on page 4 of the WQC-39 bulletin. Additionally, because this program affects a high volume of vehicles within the affected states, mailing of owner notification letters will be phased according to the following schedule. This schedule coincides with PAK file availability.

Ok, thats the official stuff here is the lowdown. So far we have seen one new car with a cel with a code for the coolant tempature/thermostat.
We do not have the updates for all the cars yet and they will be released in a schedule along with the letters to the owners. Unless you get the cel on I wouldent make a special trip to the dealer for the reflash; get it when convenient for you
98 Forester
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 2012
Car Model: XT Touring
Transmission: AT
Gallery: 3
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

i have my AP set to cobb Stage 2 ACN 91.

*edit
i sent an email to the subaru techs at COBB to let them know about the ECM updates and to provide me info on what to do, if the are going to issue a new map version.

Last edited by Rescuer; 10-30-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Rescuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 2012
Car Model: XT Touring
Transmission: AT
Gallery: 3
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

email i got back from cobb

Hello,

Thanks for the heads up regarding this. We will try to get a hold of the newer roms and see what all they've updated. Depending on how big/invasive the update is we can look at integrating it into our roms, but without looking at it first I can't really say if its possible or not. If you get a car that is updated and can pull the rom, please forward it our way.

Thanks,

Lincoln Coleman
Software Engineer
ph: 866.922.3059 Ext 1005
fax: 512.997.6400
linc@cobbtuning.com
Rescuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Problems, Maintenance, and Warranty