Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starting to get annoyed

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  lox 
#1 ·
So about a month ago I suddenly noticed two black specs on my 2015 XT windshield. Figured I would get them cleaned off at the next wash. Well, the specs are actually dirt stuck in the glass. They are not huge but large enough that my eye always goes there now especially with clean glass. Anyway, I took it in to the dealer and they took pics and everything and sent it to Subaru. Well, it is now 4-5 weeks and I have heard nothing. Call the dealer and they have heard nothing.

Now I assume the FIX will be to want to change my windshield out. I am not sure I really want to go that route. I am hoping maybe they will through me an extended warranty as an option? Or maybe a service contract??

Anyway, a month seems like a long time to get a response. One more week than it's raising hell time.

#6 ·
Do you feel that the debris in your windshield was caused by using the car in a regular manner, or a flaw in the windshield? If it's a flaw in the windshield, then a replacement windshield would be the correct solution to your issue. If it was caused by typical use, that is just wear and tear. I caught a rock with my windshield when my car was 3 months (8k miles) old, which in turn spread into a crack. Now I get to buy a new windshield. It wasn't the Mfg's fault I was driving behind a rock truck. Why do you feel an extended warranty would be in order?

#9 ·
Never said I refuse. Just said not sure I want to mess with possible replacement issues like leaks and wind noise. Had it happen on my Outback. Whistling windshield after replacement.

My main issue is the time frame. 4 weeks and no decision or remedy. Hence the getting annoyed part.

#10 ·
You don't want the typical fix for a windshield problem (new windshield) but rather expect them to give you an extended warranty (for the entire vehicle) and/or a service contract (for dealership maintenance)?

A windshield is not covered under any warranty unless it breaks solely due to a manufacturer defect. In the event that it does break, the fix is it replace the windshield.

I am just really struggling to understand why you feel an extended warranty or service contract are interchangeable with fixing the problem.

I had a speaker blow a few weeks after owning the vehicle, due to a manufacturer defect. Apparently I should have had Subaru give me an extended warranty instead of having them fix my speaker?

#11 ·
Part of it is the 5 weeks the problem has been reported with ZERO response or resolution. If it was simply to replace the windshield it SURELY could have been offered and done weeks ago!?

Now you are annoying me. I understand a new windshield is the fix, but after more than a month of waiting I am annoyed with the lack of service. I just spent $30k on a vehicle with a bunch of crap in the windshield and want something done during my ownership.

Are you waiting 5 weeks on a new speaker? Is the speaker in your field if view?

Again, zero response on ANY solution, even the simple one of just replacing it. I am looking at those other things to appease me due to my agitation. It's my 4th new Subaru since 2011, so its not like I am some shmuck with this dealer. I consider myself an above average customer and would expect a little more effort. Combined with my last oil change and lack of the tech to reset my info screen then telling me on the phone I can do it easily myself. Yes I can, just like I can easily change my OWN oil for way cheaper, but that's why I
paid them. I don't have the time to deal with it, and really don't have time to waste on hold waiting to say come get a replacement windshield. Forgetting to reset the info, a service that I paid for by going to the dealer and now two trips for this windshield and 3 calls. I have become annoyed.

The windshield is not broken, it has dirt embedded in the glass permanently. Again, been down this road with a replacement, which has not yet even been offered. The last time the damn seal got screwed up and it whistled. They had no remedy so I sold the damn thing.

#14 ·
Because I felt like it. Same reason you post up stuff about a MACAN on a Subaru site. It's called social media. Do you want me to spend my time here saying "cool wheels", "nice stance", "sweet exhaust", great pic of that stock FOZ you just bought at the lot that we all know what they look like??

If it is too hard for you to follow, then don't come into my thread and make confusing comments.

No one here can fix my problem, I just like to ***** in a public forum.

Would you be happier if I post a KUMBAYA thread about how great my FOZ XT has been? Maybe it will have more relevance for the forum since everyone here thinks their Forester is great?

#15 · (Edited)
5 weeks isn't a very long time, IMHO. Plus, we are in the height of vacation season. Things happen a little slower in the summer.

When my Forester was new it developed an issue after the 2nd day of ownership. The front-end would shake when shifting between 1st and 2nd. Hence, Shakeman. Like you, I thought the dealer was dragging their feet. I called that 800 number and the next day I heard from the regional SOA rep. He made things right, but it took two months mainly because the new half shafts had to come from Japan. Oh yea, the regional rep upgraded my stereo system and bought me lunch. All good.

Call that 800 number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.