User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Former Foz Dude

Car Year: 2010
Car Model: WRX STI SE
Transmission: STI 6-speed, yo
PO103 MAF Input Too High...

...Meaning voltage was too excessive for an extended period of time on the MAF signal circuit.

Mods: VF39 (ported/polished), STi IC, UTEC Delta, SPT intake, protuned, TXS TBE...

I have been having issues for the last few weeks and we been trying to figure out the problem... Basically, anytime I get into boost the above error happens. When it happens the car stutters and shuts off. Usually followed by the IGN fuse blowing. Not fun when on the highway... I've talked to some people including my tuner and we have a few ideas. The tuner P&L thinks the UTEC is pulling too much voltage. Someone else thinks maybe the MAF is getting condensation... The dealer thinks the MAF is OK...

A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2007
Car Model: Forester XT
I cant possibly see it being the UTEC, I am thinking its some other electrical gremlin, because of the fuse blowing. Remove the UTEC and drive it around a little while, it wont pop just driving it for enough time to figure out if the problem will happen or not. If it doesnt happen, then its the UTEC, if it does, then its not the UTEC. But I cant see how the UTEC could blow ign fuses. Especially since the maf circuit is separate from the ign to begin with. I dont even think its a MAF problem. Possibly a main body ground issue? I dont know where it is on our cars, probably up under the dash bolted to the side pillar or somewhere. Find it and make sure its ok?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Former Foz Dude

I forgot to mention that when the dealer had it they tried it w/o the UTEC and it didn't blow...

A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Former Foz Dude

Anyone know where the ground is? Just tried another MAF sensor to check and it still did the same thing. Though this time I didn't get the error code. I just bucked and shut off...

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 06:44 PM
worn out cams
Contributing Member

Car Year: 05
Car Model: FXT
My theory; its not the MAF; it's either the ECU, fuel pump relay (less likely), or one or more of the ignition coils (even less likely); the following are from the FSM, and I've followed fuse #11 to the items I have listed above.

It has to be something w/ the UTEC since that's the one thing that was modified in your FXT; either the ECU has some type of internal damage (and some internal current draw is causing the popped fuses) OR there is a power wire that is grounding out causing an increased current draw OR the UTEC is installed incorrectly. Where is the UTEC getting its power from?

- sonny
05 FXT - stock
06 s2000 - stock
10 Forester - stock
09 2.5i - gone
97 200sx - gone

Last edited by gandapanda; 11-25-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Problems, Maintenance, and Warranty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Forester Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.