PO103 MAF Input Too High... - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
Subaru Forester Forum
ebay search
Subaru Forester Forum
Go Back   Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Problems, Maintenance, and Warranty
SubaruForester.org is the premier Subaru Forester Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Former Foz Dude
Lifetime Supporting Member

Car Year: 2010
Car Model: WRX STI SE
Transmission: STI 6-speed, yo
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Default PO103 MAF Input Too High...

...Meaning voltage was too excessive for an extended period of time on the MAF signal circuit.

Mods: VF39 (ported/polished), STi IC, UTEC Delta, SPT intake, protuned, TXS TBE...

I have been having issues for the last few weeks and we been trying to figure out the problem... Basically, anytime I get into boost the above error happens. When it happens the car stutters and shuts off. Usually followed by the IGN fuse blowing. Not fun when on the highway... I've talked to some people including my tuner and we have a few ideas. The tuner P&L thinks the UTEC is pulling too much voltage. Someone else thinks maybe the MAF is getting condensation... The dealer thinks the MAF is OK...
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2008, 08:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
New User

Car Year: 2007
Car Model: Forester XT
Feedback Score: 19 reviews

I cant possibly see it being the UTEC, I am thinking its some other electrical gremlin, because of the fuse blowing. Remove the UTEC and drive it around a little while, it wont pop just driving it for enough time to figure out if the problem will happen or not. If it doesnt happen, then its the UTEC, if it does, then its not the UTEC. But I cant see how the UTEC could blow ign fuses. Especially since the maf circuit is separate from the ign to begin with. I dont even think its a MAF problem. Possibly a main body ground issue? I dont know where it is on our cars, probably up under the dash bolted to the side pillar or somewhere. Find it and make sure its ok?
Integrity Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Former Foz Dude

I forgot to mention that when the dealer had it they tried it w/o the UTEC and it didn't blow...
Old 11-25-2008, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Former Foz Dude

Anyone know where the ground is? Just tried another MAF sensor to check and it still did the same thing. Though this time I didn't get the error code. I just bucked and shut off...
Old 11-25-2008, 05:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
worn out cams
Contributing Member
Supporting Member

Car Year: 05
Car Model: FXT
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

My theory; its not the MAF; it's either the ECU, fuel pump relay (less likely), or one or more of the ignition coils (even less likely); the following are from the FSM, and I've followed fuse #11 to the items I have listed above.

It has to be something w/ the UTEC since that's the one thing that was modified in your FXT; either the ECU has some type of internal damage (and some internal current draw is causing the popped fuses) OR there is a power wire that is grounding out causing an increased current draw OR the UTEC is installed incorrectly. Where is the UTEC getting its power from?

10 Forester - stock
09 2.5i - gone
97 200sx - gone

Last edited by gandapanda; 11-25-2008 at 05:50 PM.
gandapanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Problems, Maintenance, and Warranty