('98-'00) P0183 Code and Walbro 255 Fuel Pump - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
Subaru Forester Forum
ebay search
Subaru Forester Forum
Go Back   Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Problems, Maintenance, and Warranty
SubaruForester.org is the premier Subaru Forester Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 1998
Car Model: Forester S/Tb STi
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default P0183 Code and Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

Currently, I have CEL code for P0183 - Fuel Temperature Sensor A Circuit High Input.

Vehicle Info:
1998 Forester (SF5) - Body
2002 WRX 2.0 L Turbo Engine and Computer.
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump installed when purchased car (I do not have the original to swap)

I just got off the phone with a Subaru dealership, and they suggested that the Walbro was likely causing the issue. Their description of the problem is that the Walbro is pulling higher amperage than the stock pump, and therefore the code is being tossed for the system.

I did a quick search of the forums, but few results I found don't seem to apply, and as a result I'm hoping someone might have some information or help to give.

Could the "fuel temperature sensor" be an actual reference to the voltage/current monitor of the pump (i.e Fuel Pump Temperature Sensor)?

Also, if that is the case, and I am getting the code due to higher current draw, does anyone know what the current draw is of a Stock Fuel Pump for an '02 WRX?

I figure the best solution is to put a resistor in the fuel pump power lines to lower the draw, and hope it removes the code for e-testing, then put it back to stock afterwards.

If I cannot resolve this, I won't be able to pass emissions unfortunately....believe it or not.
Mohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Problems, Maintenance, and Warranty