Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

High pitched squeak coming from clutch slave cylinder assembly.

('06-'08) 
2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dpm 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have recently started hearing a high pitched, metal on metal sounding, squeak coming from my engine bay. I had noticed that the noise went away when I would depress the clutch and after further investigation I found that the noise stops if you even just press down on the arm that the slave cylinder actuates with your finger. The noise seems to bee that arm vibrating against the metal tip of the slave cylinder.

I am planning to try bleeding the clutch system this weekend, but can anyone tell me if there is an adjustment anywhere else in the system to take out the small amount of play allowing this vibration?

#3 ·
I had thought of that but I'm not getting any other symptoms of bearing failure, the car still engages and disengages from gear very smoothly. You can also see the arm coming from the transmission case vibrating, and just putting one finger on it to push it towards or away from the slave cylinder stops the noise. I doubt I am pushing hard enough to have any real effect on the load on the clutch. So I guess to answer your last question, applying a small force on that arm in either direction to engage or disengage the clutch stops the noise.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.