('06-'08) Code P0506-Air Idle problems... - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Car Year: 2006
Car Model: Forester
Code P0506-Air Idle problems...

So, upon starting the '06 foz this afternoon it began idling below 500 rpm... Pulled code P0506-Idle control rpm lower than expected. Depressing the accelerator gets a sluggish response, but once the foz is moving there seems to be no serious issue with engine performance. A couple of times when turning the wheel all the way to the right pulling into a parking spot I have noticed an odd sound (vacuum issue?). No clue what's up with this.

I've looked around for any other threads with the same set of problems I'm having, but I haven't found anything that seems to be close enough to help. The extended warranty just ran out, so a dealership can kiss my @ss.

Anyone ever experience this before? Any suggestions on what to do? Might an air idle issue cause some kind of problem with the steering?? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by Captain_Fish; 05-24-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 06:16 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2010
diagnostics procedure

Capt Fish,

Send me a PM with your email and I'll return the procedure for troubleshooting your problem. Can't post it here.

Regards,
paul...

10 Forester X Prem AT, 07 Boxster S, 03 MB E320
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

PM sent

2006 Forester X
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

I SERIOUSLY HATE new cars.... My gf gets home from work so I can work on the foz. When she walks through the door she says "Cars fixed." I'm like "*** are you talking about?"

The CEL went off... No flashing cruise light... No issues with the idle or steering...

I could break down my entire '59 Oldsmobile an put it back together in a week all by myself if I wanted... And that's during my downtime between work n sleep... I can easily figure out n fix whatever may ever be wrong with it (aside from the brake lights not working atm lol)...

Why does something as insignificant as a speck of dust or a stupid computer sensor have to be able to f*ck up the world so easily??

2006 Forester X
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: forester
Transmission: standard
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulv View Post
Capt Fish,

Send me a PM with your email and I'll return the procedure for troubleshooting your problem. Can't post it here.

Regards,
paul...
Paul V, I was hoping to pick your brain on this, I have the exact same issue. P0506 2006 forester
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: forester
Transmission: standard
P0506

hey PaulV dont knw if I replied correctly so trying again. I am throwing P0506 and was really hoping to pick your brain. I'm dying every time I come to a stop. Thanks

Joe
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 02:49 PM
Forum Member

Transmission: automatic
Same problem here. Tired of clearing the code just to have it return a few days later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Problems, Maintenance, and Warranty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Forester Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.