Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Journal: 20G Build

('06-'08) 
121K views 540 replies 55 participants last post by  el Fox beSTIal 
#1 · (Edited)
Today I got my turbo (and Equal Length Header) after 5 yrs of indecisiveness..., so to celebrate I decided to start a journal to document trials and tribulations of install.

Build List:
  • Kinugawa TD06SL2 8cm2 20G (same inducer/exducer turbine/compressor wheels as the Blouch 18G-XT, yet is $500 cheaper just lacks the billet compressor wheel)
  • Kinugawa Equal Length Header [1] with DIY Black Satin coating
  • PW TMIC/Splitter (Jackie @Annapolis Sourced).
  • EWG 38mm
  • DW 740cc Injectors, edit: Now DW/Bosch 1000cc.
  • Walbro Pump
  • Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Control
  • Grimmspeed 3mm Phenolic Spacers
  • TGV deletes DIY
  • Hayward & Scott 3" TBE Forester Specific
  • APS CAI 65mm
  • AVO Reinforced Inlet

Goals:
1/4 Low 12s
0-60 Low 4s

[1] Despite losing the awesome Boxer rumble, I am looking forward to hear how the ELH/EWG/H&S combo will sound, I have heard from IWSTI this should sound exotic, no Boxer but nevertheless exotic.

Turbo and ELH as they arrived, two weeks from initial contact to delivery, not bad at all considering it was delivered by USPS.

See less See more
#6 ·
Interested in seeing how that turbo performs, I really like these. We had a customer come in and it flowed really well and best part they are affordable. KAMAK/Kinugawa is over looked and gets a bad wrap because they are sold on ebay. I need more results to make a final decision though, cant wait!

And def interested in the ELH results too - Every car I see with a Perrin @ the shop always impresses me.

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, here are some pics of the turbo. What can I say I am floored by the quality, attention to detail, quality of components (braided line included) especially compared to an old school 18G I bought brand new long time ago and never installed. This turbo has no play and quality of castings is superb. Packaging well judge for yourselves, my Blouch came with a flimsy box and thin walled cardboard, here expanding foam with vacuum sealed bags.

Marking to ensure it was high speed balanced.

#10 ·
Please hurry up lol i am highly contemplating this same exact turbo and header but it had some mixed reviews on nasioc. But for the price i dont think it can be beat. Im most conserned with spool up there was a couple people getting alot of lag on this but never conclusive if it was indeed the turbo. I would think with your setup you should achieve full boost by 4200 im hoping.

#24 ·
Awsome work so far dude! .... def considering that muffled EWG setup, those videos were all i needed to hear. Wasnt overbearing at all. I wish i could stop doing tunes though. Like seriously lol, i just got my 3rd dynotune yesterday for this year. Stop inspiring me to go farther and farther.

#25 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for the comments.

Brian for the Supertrapp muffler, Tigwerks will modify the uppipe that came with the Kinugawa ELH to add the V-flange and fabricate a dump tube.

Battery is a Odyssey PC680 14 lb here link of the install, mounted sideways to lower center of gravity and use an existing ground without having to alter the wiring harness. Car is at 3,150 lb with 1/4 tank and no driver which reminds me I have to update the weight savings journal.

One day I will get a 3 lb, yes 3 lb Shorai battery.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.