Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

down pipe

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  TimmayXT 
#1 ·
any one know what downpipe i could use that bold up to the stock cat, i will like to keep it in place since the cops around my neibourhood tent to look under the car when they dont have anything else to do

#7 ·
thanks guys, not in nj as far as i know they dont do citation they just give u the tiket for not having it and have to show up in cort with proof that was fix is a pain in the *** it happen to a few of my friends in their turbo civics and dsms

#8 ·
The high flow cat on the Cobb is still a cat correct? That should get you around the legality issues with the cops. If you have emissions you might not pass since it's not a full cat (as you would see with stock), but I could very well be wrong. Anyone wanna chime in on that?

#9 ·
I've passed emissions with a 3rd cat delete that has a heat shield on it that makes it look like a cat. Most cops or emissions inspectors don't know what the stock cat looks like, but most aftermarket downpipe cats or 3rd cat pipes don't have a heat shield, which is a big red flag that tips off someone with a keen eye that it is an aftermarket unit. Legality regarding aftermarket cats differs by state. The only state in which I know it could be a problem is California.

To answer the OP, you want a DP like this one:

Stromung Divorced Wastegate Downpipe

#10 ·
Makes sense. I just figured that with the Cobb the high-flow is at least big enough to make most people assume it's perfectily legal for both emissions and street use. I don't need to worry about that stuff up here, but I know things vary by state, except for Cali where pretty much everything is illegal haha

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.