User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2009
Car Model: forester x premium
Transmission: 4sp auto
Ramsey Subaru, NJ

My wife, baby son and I went to Ramsey NJ Subaru on 12/30/08 at 1:30 PM to look for either a new or pre-owned Sub. The receptionist rolled her eyes when we asked for a salesman and when we got one, he had to be the worst ever. This guy never offered his name or to shake my hand. He got pissed when I asked for specific prices and mileages for the Foresters, Imprezas and Tribeccas in the used section. He told me they were all the same mileage and prices. I finally got sick of his attitude and told him if he wasn't interested in selling me a car that I would go to another dealer. He replied that I should if I didn't like his service.

I have heard that Subaru dealers can be jerks, but this topped it all. I'm 42 yrs old and never dealt with such a rude and unfriendly car dealer ever. Are all NJ places as bad as this? I would rather go out of state and be treated like a customer than an idiot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 09:25 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2003
Car Model: Forester XS
I believe that there are some nice subaru dealers on the forum that will help you out.

I hate when I run into dealers like that..

O3 XS MT
Go Canucks Go!
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 09:29 AM
Contributing Member

Car Year: 2014
Car Model: Impreza Ltd
Transmission: CVT
I bought 1 Subaru there, and they are in my backyard ( less than 1 mile from my house ). I will never go there even for parts. I would also stay away from Bill Kolb in Orangeburg, no matter how good their deals seem. ( my own experience from both places )

Go to Oradell and see Liberty Subaru. They are excellent and have a great service Dept. Russ in parts been there since the mid 80's and Bob the service manager just as long. How many dealerships can attest to that.

98S, 2014 Impreza 5 dr Ltd (9 Subaru's since 1978, 7 were 5 sp) ILuvSubaru's
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Forum Member
Contributing Member

Car Year: 2005
Car Model: FXT
Transmission: i exploded 4eat one good 4eat
Wow - I am sorry to hear that! I have had good luck just into NY at Bill Kolb Subaru - they are one of the largest used Subaru dealers in the country. Who knows maybe complain to Subaru of America and they will throw something your way?

Ferret I have had nothing but great experiences at Bill Kolb - sorry to hear that you had problems from there. We bought the B9 from them and I have both had work done there.

Good Luck,

Jesse

05 XT AT - VF39, STI IC, COBB DP, SWIFTS, GROUP N MOTOR MOUNTS ETC ETC.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Contributing Member

Car Year: 2003
Car Model: Forester
Wow!

That really bites. We used to live in NJ and were treated very well by Flemington Subaru although I heard that Liberty is also good........have heard some not too good stuff about Lynn Subaru, though.

Happy New Year!!

Steve

2003 X AT
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 09:58 AM

Car Year: 2007
Car Model: FSXT / FSTI
Transmission: 4EAT / 6 MT
Garage
It goes to show that some people judge too quickly. And most people who do that are bitter and need a life lesson. I had a salesman do that to me once, then I came back with my new more expensive car and showed him what he missed out on.

2007 Forester STI - The Gray Goose
2007 XT Sport 4EAT - Maverick
2006 Forester XT -Sold- Blu-Blur
2010 Forester X - Sold-The Green Goblin
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 10:04 AM
Contributing Member

Car Year: 2014
Car Model: Impreza Ltd
Transmission: CVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomacgyver View Post
Ferret I have had nothing but great experiences at Bill Kolb - sorry to hear that you had problems from there. We bought the B9 from them and I have both had work done there.
There were threads about mine and other's expreiences with Kolb. Like all things, you may have had good service and been treated well. Some of us have not. Liberty has always done well by me.

Bill Kolb

bill kolb experiences?

98S, 2014 Impreza 5 dr Ltd (9 Subaru's since 1978, 7 were 5 sp) ILuvSubaru's
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 10:15 AM
The Modfather

Car Year: 2010
Car Model: Legacy 3.6R Limited
Transmission: 5EAT
Tell them, if Subaru is anything like my company they take stuff like this very seriously and don't screw around:

---------------------
If you prefer to personally speak to a Subaru representative, please check the hours of operation and call our customer service number below.

Customer Service: 1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783)
Hours of Operation: 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (EST) Monday through Thursday
10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (EST) Friday

Written correspondence can be sent to:

Subaru of America, Inc.
Subaru Plaza
P.O. Box 6000
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-6000
Attn: Customer/Dealer Services

Peaty

2010 Leg 3.6 R, 2013 OB, 2001 OB, 2001 Forester S and 1999 Miata
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Car Year: 2008
Car Model: Forester X Premium
Transmission: 5MT
^^^Very true, with today's economy no manufacture wants to loose a sale.

His - 08 X Prem 5mt
Hers - 08 X 4EAT
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 10:38 AM
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns

Car Model: XT Sport
Transmission: 5MT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
There were threads about mine and other's expreiences with Kolb. Like all things, you may have had good service and been treated well. Some of us have not. Liberty has always done well by me.

Bill Kolb

bill kolb experiences?
I've only had great experience with Bill Kolb. I can't speak on behalf of their service department, but their sales team is top notch and eager to sell (not big on dealing but the prices are already good) I've only dealt with a few Subaru dealerships service departments and 2/3 of them sucked. They didn't want to take the 23 year old seriously even though he was driving a brand new FSXT...

post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 11:27 AM

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: Forester XT AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post

Bill Kolb

bill kolb experiences?
Is this the same Bill Kolb dealership in Rockland County, NY? Just curious, as that's where the previous owner of mine bought his. I'm told that my vehicle was one of a number that somehow got very dusty during transit to the dealer and even though there was nothing wrong with it, it was sold at less than normal prices and was a great deal. Not sure why a little dust is so bad, but the vehicle's great. :)

-ste

2004 Forester XT AT, Aspen White
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Smart Cookie

Car Model: Forester XT Sport
I would definitely write SOA about the rude people.

Meg
2007 WRB XT Sport Auto
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2009
Car Model: forester x premium
Transmission: 4sp auto
Thanks for the tips, I wrote Subaru and got a typical public relations response. I will try the dealers mentioned, but Bill Kolb has a terrible reputation. Think the state of NY is suing them for fraud.
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 03:27 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 02
Car Model: Foz
Transmission: 4eat
We bought our 'beca from ramsey and had good enough service. They tried to weasel in a couple of bs charges, so I weaseled in a lower price on the warranty, break even overall. Great price.

A lot of guys on nasioc rave about wayne subaru, but the 2 times we have been looking their incentory was pretty limited.

We bought our '02 forester from liberty subaru a couple years back. All the salespeople were busy, so the finance manager was our "sales guy". I was happy because I could haggle with the $ boss right away. I went in knowing what was going to be a good deal and his first offer was better. Still haggled a little bit for tires, minor service, etc, but was overall very pleased with my experience.

If you are willing to make the trip, I am friends with a couple of the guys at feder's subaru in middletown. I can promise you good service. If you want their info, drop me a pm.

I miss my turbo, and my 6-speeds of fun.
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 03:49 PM
Forum Member

I wasn't a fan of that dealership either. I would be pissed too but in that area, you can just go to another one. They forget that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Reviews > Dealer/Vendor Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Forester Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.