Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Interior LED conversion for 2017

16K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  JPL315 
#1 ·
Decided to upgrade the interior lights. Based on reading through the forum here, a lot of folks seem to like Diode Dynamics. After dealing with them personally, I must say that they impressed me. The customer service and follow up was unusually great. I decided to go with the cool white for all interior lights, license plate and the front eye brows, lol.:biggrin: Those were the HP3 model. The dome and map lights were the SMF6 lights. Very happy with the results.:cool:

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
For now I am only changing the exterior lights (C-lights, license plate and puddle lights). I am not sure how my grey interiors will look with cool white light.

I was also thinking about the wiring harness to make the C-lights as DRLs, but decided to pass on that for now.

#14 ·
RKLVV;6672353 I am not sure how my grey interiors will look with cool white light. [/QUOTE said:
I have the light grey interior. They look more properly grey because the 6000K LED light has a more balanced spectrum. The incandescent bulbs cast a yellowish light, which would look great on a saddle brown interior. I got the level 2 interior light package. I don't think I would want it brighter for map & dome lights. The dinky cargo light needs a level 3 light. I think it helped to put a bit of aluminized mylar (97% reflective) behind the housing. You can mix and match your order any way you want. They don't offer a package price deal.

See attached. The side shot image 1 is a faithful rendering to give you an accurate impression.

Attachments

#15 ·
Perfect

Thanks for the images JTWayt. The white light definitely makes the interior look better! I will get them too. Yes, the incandescent makes the light grey look beige.
I believe some LED bulbs make a buzzing noise, have you noticed anything as such with the LEDs from DD ?

#16 ·
No, DD bulbs are absolutely silent. I didn't realize LEDs could make noise.

I have essentially the same model as you, right down to the interior and exterior color. Maybe the dealer added LED steering responsive headlights that yours didn't, because my running lights have the outer C that appear to be LEDs.

Attachments

#17 ·
Yup, some LEDs do buzz. I did order the interior LEDs from DD. Cant wait for them to arrive.

Those headlights makes the Foz look much sharper ! How much did the dealer charge for them?

I have the limited trim and it came with the halogen headlamps. I installed the DD HP5 LEDs for the boomerang C lights. Looks much better than the stock yellow ones.

Attachments

#18 ·
There are components hidden in the assembly for an LED bulb. It's not likely the LED that makes noise but the supporting circuit. Same end result for the end-user though...

I've been really pleased with both:
Philips Vision LED which are SAE/DOT Approved.
and
Diode Dynamics HP3/5 LED.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.