Body inegrated unit, dome dimming circuit: data for and repair of - Page 2 - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
Subaru Forester Forum
ebay search
Subaru Forester Forum
Go Back   Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Lighting and Electrical
SubaruForester.org is the premier Subaru Forester Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 2005
Car Model: Legacy GT Wagon
Transmission: 5MT
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Hi guys,

05 Legacy GT Wagon owner here. Just wanted to say thanks to the OP - I came across this post googling "Subaru BIU repair" after I had the stereo and some other illumination die in my car. Used info in this thread to look into mine and fixed it.

Link to my post on legacygt.com if you're interested:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...on-177954.html

Thanks again.
SubOperator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member

I'm happy to see you made use of the info. That was the whole reason for posting! Thanks for the reply.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 2001
Car Model: Legacy GT

dougr,

I could really use your input on my issue. I have 2001 Legacy GT, however I have swapped a brand new 2004 Turbo Baja bulkhead harness to do a STi swap. The issue I am having is I get no illumination when switching my lights "on". I have a video showing the issue.

I have tried two used integrated units, but not a new one. I am fairly certain I have checked all fuses and they are not blown.

Any ideas or help in diagnosing this would be great. I have been stuck on this for months.

The only wiring I have changed is I spliced in STi plugs, but i only tapped into wires, so unless two pins are grounding in the plug I don't think there would be a reason this should affect the illumination?

The stalk on my 2001 is supposedly the same as the baja, I have tried a STi stalk and an 02 legacy stalk as well, same results. I can see from the wiring the harness itself is different but my 2001 harness used an illumination control module with no integrated unit and the baja just uses an integrated unit to control so I assume the difference is handled by the BIU.

thanks for the help!

Ben
PHATsuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Forum Member

Ben,

Wow, that's way more involved than my issue. It's been a while since I did this whole project and I can't actually recall exactly what my BIU handled, and I can't find the service manuals on my laptop here. They must be on an archive drive I have laying around.

I don't know if I can be of much help! Sounds like a tedious tracing job. When you say you've used a 04 Baja harness, that means you still have the 01 Legacy BIU in place, correct?

Doug
Old 03-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 2006
Car Model: forester
Transmission: auto
Default Body inegrated unit, dome dimming circuit: data for and repair of

sorry to revive an old thread but im having problems with mine too..after doing this fix, it work for me for a few days then the dome lights stayed on and will only turn off if on the off position it will not turn off when the door closes or when u lock the door when in door position.. before i did all these i added wheel well lights and a key ring light. i have a 06 forester x..also another question is can i just buy a used biu from ebay theres a few that are under $30 but was wondering if i can just use any from 06-08 or does it have to be the same part numbers thats on the biu? mine is a U 88281 SA130.. theres a few SA150,SA120 and the first letter is different eg. like M 88281 SA150 from an 08 XT..any help would be appreciated.thanks in advance!
0h6forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Lighting and Electrical