('98-'00) ABS sensors Ohms - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
Subaru Forester Forum
ebay search
Subaru Forester Forum
Go Back   Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Lighting and Electrical
SubaruForester.org is the premier Subaru Forester Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
AP
Forum Member

Car Year: 00
Car Model: Outback
Transmission: 4EAT
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default ABS sensors Ohms

Hi Guys,
have a problem with the ABS light coming on for a few days at a time, have not done any investigation yet into the cause, I suspect a dirty or faulty sensor.
I am going to test the sensors first with a multimeter to see what ohm readings I get, does anyone know what kind of signal strength I can expect with the multimeter?
Also where do the sensors plug into the loom, is it under the hood and under the rear seats?
Thanks in advance
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012, 03:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
AP
Forum Member

Car Year: 00
Car Model: Outback
Transmission: 4EAT
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Sorted

This morning I went out and pulled the rear seats, underneath I found the connections for the rear wheel abs sensors.
I have 4 spares from a parted out impreza in my shed so I put the multimeter across all of them, I set the ohms to 200k and tested each one, they all read 1.1.
Next I went back out to the car and tested the first one, got a reading of 4.6, thought this was odd so tested the other side which read 1.1, my answer was staring me in the face.
I removed the faulty sensor with much and put the 2 side by side, they were identical bar the electrical connections, out came the side cutters, wire strippers, soldering iron and heat shrink.
Job done and refitted to car, abs light went straight out, test drove it and all was good
Strange thing was I tested the faulty sensor once it was off the car and it didn't give any reading at all
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Lighting and Electrical