Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2014 forester fog light

48K views 55 replies 32 participants last post by  krzyboy2o 
#1 ·
14 forester fog light bulb uses H16 19W in the manual. But when i change my HID H16 socket is different, so i use H11 and fits, but it is 35W. Is that ok? Will there be any problems?

#3 ·
lcrazyaznl

I've been following your posts, props to the work you put in to not only the mods but the documentation.

Just picked ours up last night and wanted to do some lighting stuff off the bat.

Can you link me the LED's you ended up using. One thread you posted 12W bulbs but here you psoted 35W. I was hoping i could just drop in some H11's but don't think I want to melt any wiring just yet.

Also will doing the DRL disable mod still allow for high beams or disable it completely.

I'm shopping for some matte black vinyl to do your trim mods.

#5 ·
Call me crazy, but ever since ive had my 07 forester ive been in the habit of running my head and foglights whenever I drove the car day or night.....same with my 14..... recently switched to baby blue HIDs. looked great for 3 weeks, then one burnt out...... now im back to factory lights....so if you run them all the time like me, skip HIDs.

#11 ·
So has anyone actually tried running a H11 incandescent bulb in the fogs?

It appears Toyota has used the same type of fog light housing as the forester and others are having an issue upgrading/changing.

Ideally I would like to stay away from LEDs for fogs and run the PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow bulbs that run 55w but I would rather not melt my new vehicle.

#13 ·
Still looking for a better bulb but it doesn't look like there is much of an option. Some Toyota use same bulb like Prius. There is some info on those forums. I modded the tab on a 9011 Philips HIR-1 to essentially make it a 9005 and swapped the high bulbs with them. I swapped the low beams to Philips crystal vision ultra's. I can put a 4000k temp LED in the fog to match but was hoping for some sort of non 35w or 55w incandescent to replace the sti k fogs but it doesn't look like anything is available.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#14 ·
Yes it is performance vs looks with the less in fogs. If you want it to look nice put leds, but if you want actually to see you will have to put h11 in it. I prefer performance over look but that's just me. But every time I see those fogs with leds it just looks so tempting. Well, tempting yes but I don't have fog's yet :icon_cool:

#15 ·
H16 fog lights

Do not use the H11 in place of the H16. The H16 is a 19watt bulb. I cannot find replacement H16's anywhere, the GM H16 has a different base. So I bought H11 at the local auto parts store. Salesman told me they were the same and would be brighter. Sounds good, right? Well the H11 completely melted the inner plastic housings after about 3 months. Now I am spending $300 to replace!

#18 ·
i'm not sure how they are i bought some dinky 11w led bulbs with the round top for my drl they were crap no out put at all.

the "cree led" h11 circuit board looking thing actually has enough power to light fogs alone i think. only comes in white tho but i used a yellow film over the glass fog.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.