LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2011
Car Model: Subaru Forester FXT
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Gallery: 0
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whiteline Rear sway bar and new car warranty?

Hi,

Looking to get the 22mm rear sway bar from whiteline as many people have suggested on this forum.
I'll be putting it on my 2010 1600km old diesel fox.
Couple of questions people could help me with:
1. Does an aftermarket RSB void any o my new car Subaru warranties? Or will it just void any suspension parts in the warranty?
2. Is my car too young to be putting a RSB on? Or does it not matter when u do it?
3. what's the best place to buy it from?
4. Is it easy to install myself or should I get a mechani to do it?
5. Does it come with an installation instructions? Which hole is hardest setting and which is lighter. What do people recommend?

Thanks guys! U all rock in advance!

2011 FXT 5spMan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2010
Car Model: Forester XT Premium
1. Does an aftermarket RSB void any o my new car Subaru warranties? Or will it just void any suspension parts in the warranty? NO
2. Is my car too young to be putting a RSB on? Or does it not matter when u do it? NO the sooner the better!
3. what's the best place to buy it from? go direct and buy from their online store Whiteline Automotive - performance handling and suspension products. car spring coil shock damper swaybar sway bar anti-sway bush bushes australia australian whiteline automotive performance road holding turn-in camber caster toe in vehicle hot 4 v8

4. Is it easy to install myself or should I get a mechani to do it? Easy to do mate but I would get the HD endlinks from WL and installs those at the same time.
5. Does it come with an installation instructions? Which hole is hardest setting and which is lighter. What do people recommend? Yes it comes with easy to follow instructions and I would start with hardest setting but thats just me.

*Get a good wheel alignment once you have installed sway bar.

Cosworth EJ257 & Blouch Dominator XTR2.5
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 03:33 AM

Being that you are in Sydney, why not just go down to MRT at Rhodes. They will sort that out quick smart. Its the best place to go for anything performance wise for Subaru in Sydney (including Foresters.

mrtperformance.com.au
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 04:29 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: my09
Car Model: Forester XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
1. Does an aftermarket RSB void any o my new car Subaru warranties? Or will it just void any suspension parts in the warranty? NO
2. Is my car too young to be putting a RSB on? Or does it not matter when u do it? NO the sooner the better!
3. what's the best place to buy it from? go direct and buy from their online store Whiteline Automotive - performance handling and suspension products. car spring coil shock damper swaybar sway bar anti-sway bush bushes australia australian whiteline automotive performance road holding turn-in camber caster toe in vehicle hot 4 v8

4. Is it easy to install myself or should I get a mechani to do it? Easy to do mate but I would get the HD endlinks from WL and installs those at the same time.
5. Does it come with an installation instructions? Which hole is hardest setting and which is lighter. What do people recommend? Yes it comes with easy to follow instructions and I would start with hardest setting but thats just me.

*Get a good wheel alignment once you have installed sway bar.
I agree with everything except the end links. I have been running the 22mm adjustable bar for more than 2 years with standard links and absolutely no issues. I started with the hardest setting and havent moved from it.

The fitting will require a decent sized breaker bar to loosen and tighten the inboard ends of the brace.

post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

The whiteline site states turbo or non turbo parts?

I wonder which one I'm after as I do indeed have a turbo, buts its stuck on a diesel forester? That sit me in the turbo catagory?
Kinda lost how a turbo changes what sorta sway bar you need? They look real different in the pictures too?

Wouldnt MRT charge me an arm and a leg for simply installing a sway bar and a wheel alignment?

Also why do you need a wheel alignment after the sway bar goes on?

2011 FXT 5spMan
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricker View Post
The whiteline site states turbo or non turbo parts?

Wouldnt MRT charge me an arm and a leg for simply installing a sway bar and a wheel alignment?
No idea, you would need to give them a call. At least it will be done right and if there are any problems you will have a warranty on install too.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Forum Member

The RSB is the same for all SH Foz. This is the one:-
Whiteline BSR49XZ Rear Swaybar 22mm-X heavy duty Blade adjustab

There is no need for a wheel alignment after fitting the RSB as it cannot change the alignment, however, I got a 4 wheel alignment done after fitting the Anti Lift Kit and the front was fine, but the back end, direct from the factory was out.
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2010
Car Model: Forester XT Premium
from my exp subaru factory alignments can be out and thats the reason I recommend doing one when you install the rsb..piece of mine if nothing else

Cosworth EJ257 & Blouch Dominator XTR2.5
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 01:07 AM
dpm
Forum Member

Car Year: 2009
Car Model: XC diesel
Transmission: 6mt
I've a WL fixed rear bar, and both it's bushes and the ball-ends of the factory links, are knackered after about 50k miles.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm View Post
I've a WL fixed rear bar, and both it's bushes and the ball-ends of the factory links, are knackered after about 50k miles.
Which model Foz? The SG was very different to the SH in respect to sway bar links.
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Also wouldnt it be more time effetive then for me to just wait 50k miles till those bits are knackered and then change them out? Rather than replacing brand new car parts for brand new parts?

2011 FXT 5spMan
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 13
Car Model: Liberty GT wagon
Transmission: AT
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
from my exp subaru factory alignments can be out and thats the reason I recommend doing one when you install the rsb..piece of mine if nothing else
Yes - mine was too. New tyres are wearing nice and even now.

RE: RSB - Put mine on my car about 50000 kays and 2 years ago, and the bushes and ball joint ends are just fine, not flogged out at all.

Muzza
MY13 Liberty GT wagon
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

I got under my car today to take a measurement of the rear sway bar.
I measured the diameter of the bar, and found that it was about 17mm. Does this seem pretty standard for a 2010 Forester? (I have the diesel) What size bar was in yours Muzza?

I got a price from MRT today on the 22mm adjustable sway bar and it costs $258 to pick up from them. They werent totally sure which rear bar I woudl need (petrol, or turbo model) as I have a turbo diesel? They were gonna get back to me..

Anyone know which one? I would of assumed its the turbo version of the bar, but then is there different versions because of the way the exhaust runs, or is it more to do with torque and stuff?

2011 FXT 5spMan
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Oh and can anyone with the 22mm whiteline RSB just confirm how much stiffer the ride is? Is the car a stack more uncomfortable on bumpy surfaces, or is that more to do with the damper of the shocks?

Also just to clarify, how much off road ability will I lose? I dont do much besides firetrails, and maybe some slightly aggressive remote camping spots. But if I wanted to do some more difficult stuff, would the RSB be reducing my ability?

2011 FXT 5spMan
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 12:54 AM
dpm
Forum Member

Car Year: 2009
Car Model: XC diesel
Transmission: 6mt
17ish=standard.

XT, I've an SH diesel...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > International Forums > Australia / New Zealand

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Forester Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.