Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Finally.....

3K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  timjd4 
#1 ·
Seeing we now have some paperwork, I suppose we've finally bought a Forester.

Picked up a Black MY09 XT Auto with tow bar, roof rails, cargo tray mat and rear bumper cover. Bit weird though, ended up ordering this through Inchcape Corporate and the guy rang yesterday to tell us that the car he'd put down for us had 180km on the clock, but he'd found another with minimal k's. I wouldn't have been too happy with the first option seeing as it wasn't disclosed. Anyway, I'm told, it'll be at the dealers on the 16th December.

Which is good timing as I've ordered a 2 din bezel from Japan parts, so we can fit another head unit and that won't be delivered till the 17th.

Can't wait! :woohoo:

#5 ·
Ended up paying just over 42k.

To be honest it came down to colour choice and availability, most when pushed would come down to similar money. Apart from a few dealers that declared they wouldn't discuss price over the phone.

#6 ·
waiting waiting.....

Appears the sales guy did indeed find a newer build car than the one he said he had access to when the deal was done. We were informed on Friday that the boat docks tomorrow with our car on. Bit frustrating as I thought I was targetting cars that were on the dealership floor to guarantee something for our holidays, oh well the best laid plans.

I've got a vin number and have tried tracking it on the Wallenius Wilhelmse website but its not coming up. Maybe Subaru uses a different shipping company to most other car companies, anyone know?

Better news is that the new 2 din radio bezel rocked up from Japan, least we can now fit a new head unit straight away once we take delivery.

#8 ·
We're still trying to decide what way we're going with the car sound.

Has to have bluetooth that works with blackberry phones and thats quite an ask it appears. I'm also quite keen on an Alpine deck but they've not released their sat nav unit yet. Will look around after Christmas when I'm on holidays.

Only problem that I do have to sort out is that I've read on another forum that the factory sub may not work after swapping out the factory head unit and that we may have to put in a small amp to drive the sub. Not a problem but of the local sound places I've talked to so far no-one really knows a lot about.

The cars now in the country and their trying for a 22-24th delivery date, else we're getting a loan car till it arrives. Not all that keen on picking up a 08 compliance plate car on the 31st January though.

#10 ·
Congrats!!

Ours has been a saga that still continues with delivery now approx the 5th Jan. So in the meantime their delivering a Forester X to use over the holidays, even hassled them into putting roof racks on it so I can take my surfboard away!

#11 ·
We finally got our XT on the 6th Jan, we're wrapt!

Its been interesting comparing the Forester X loan car that we took on holidays and our New XT.

Just driven up to the North Coast of NSW in the XT sitting on 110/120km/h, and we're averaging 9.6l/100km. Compare this to the X that was fluctuating between 9.6-10.5 depending on the hills etc (both cars were autos).

Finding the XT a lot easier on the eardrums too, when the X kicked back a gear (and it seemed to kick back a gear lots) it was rather noisy, with the Turbo on the XT its exceptionally quiet inside. The extra power of the XT makes passing much safer too.

The X however looks as if its about 1-2L/100km's better around town.

Have looked at replacement headunits and currently tossing up between Kenwood and Alpine, decisions!!!

#17 ·
As you can see we've had the install done, works a treat.

Bluetooth is great and takes our blackberry address books in etc.. just can't sms via the unit with our phones, can live with that. Speech clarity seems to be quite good when in use.

GPS is Garmin based so works as all garmin units do, has POI's installed so beeps at red light, speed cameras and school zones.

Ipod touch won't play video though (audio is ok), have called the retailer and they tell me there's an audio/visual cable upgrade coming in February, hope their right.

Also has a seperate USB connection in the glove box.

Reversing camera will take a bit of getting used to but turns night into day and is very clear.

Sounds much better than the stock unit, although I notice the underseat sub woofer whilst I'm told is connected and working, isn't as good as it was previously. So might have to look at that at some point.

Overall though, once I get the ipod cable fixed we'll be very happy.

#20 ·
You’re kidding right?
Were these “sound guys” working out of the back of a van?
Every time I’ve installed a NAV unit of had it done the GPS antenna has gone under the dash. Not to mention that’s where the GPS antenna on OEM NAV units is located.
If they had your stereo out they should have put the GPS antenna in there. There usually located under the dash center or on top of the instrument cluster just under the dash.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.