Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Bluetooth & Palm Treo 680 in MY09

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Steggles 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all

Firstly, a big thank you for all the tips I have so far picked up to bring my XT Premium up to speed (so to speak!)..... exhaust tip availability, Sat Nav override, Bluetooth DIY mic, Sat Nav dim hint etc etc. Moving from Toyota 4x4's (3 different ones) after nearly 20 years I was very anxious but all those worries disappeared almost immediately! :Banane17:

Now I have a Q that I am hoping someone can help me out with even more.... I have followed the DIY Bluetooth Mic install and now have the options on the screen to link my phone to the Sat Nav/Bluetooth phone (so that bit works...:woohoo: ) BUT when I select the register button and enter the 1111 default code into my TREO 680 the phone believes it is linked to the Sat Nav but the Sat Nav just sits there with the waiting for response on the screen. It's almost like it is not talking to the phone....so I tried to enter an incorrect code and the Sat Nav responded to say registration failed...so I know it can/is talking to the phone on some level.

Anyone experience the same or have any ideas?

#2 ·
Do you get the device name and its address on the nav screen? Is your treo broadcasting the name?

I'm in the process of getting a 09 xt limited forester with navi and would like to do the mic mod as well...been reading stuff and I can't find anything on it. What DIY are you talking of, I can't find it, only one about parrot bluetooth handsfree kit for regular receiver, not the nav.

Also, this is strange that they don't list treo 680 as being compatible with the bluetooth. It did list the treo 650...I don't know what the difference would be. Here's a link to check your phone compatibility.

Subaru.com | Bluetooth | Find your Device

#3 ·
I have fixed it and it now works a charm! I have been using it seamlessly for about a month now but have not managed to get back to the forum to edit my post :Banane37:

I googled for the problem/fix and found a few websites where people were experiencing the same connection issue with the Palm Treo 680 to other bluetooth devices. Essentially, you just need to 'tell' the phone to connect rather than it thinking for itself. The Treo 680 for some reason does not register that it has paired with the device even though it has. I have only done it the once and now every time I get into the car I'm hooked up.

Now on the DYI BlueTooth - check out: NASIOC - View Single Post - Discussion/questions/updates about "Stock head unit information..." FAQ thread

Have fun!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.