Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Your wheel setups and/or suspension? Trying to make my decision.

('03-'05) 
4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  miko 
#1 ·
Hey guys, Im just wondering what size wheels you guys are running on an sg5. Im not a flashy kind of guy, so I don't want fancy over the top rims, just something thats believable for more of a stock look, but have enough to fill in the wheel wells. I've never really been a fan of the lowered street racer look, but its kinda grown on me. I plan on keeping stock height, but I like to do a little battle wagoning every now and then. I guess to sum it up, I want a little more clearance for off road, but I want to get my suspension down a little tighter... sway bars or strut braces? Maybe this is way too many questions for one post.... Anyone got 17s on stock height sg5? Please post any pics you have with the specs. Thanks!

#4 ·
I was in a similar situation a while back looking for snow tires. I found a set of Scion TC rims (1st Generation) for $135 for 4. They bolt straight on my 2005 X. The previous owner had them coated Gold, but you can find them all day silver for a reasonable price.

The hub needs bored out an extra 2 mm, but to be honest i drove around with them unbored for a while until i found out that the fitment was wrong :surprise:

Attachments

#7 ·
I originally had the springs on the OEM struts. I have since moved to KYB struts. I think I liked the OEM better, the KYB are definitely a bit bouncier at low speed.
The handling is awesome with either. These are the springs Subaru should have put on the Forester. Much more predictable but still comfortable.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.