('01-'02) Is the radiator support bolted or welded? (2001 Forester) - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
Subaru Forester Forum
ebay search
Subaru Forester Forum
Go Back   Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Exterior and Body
SubaruForester.org is the premier Subaru Forester Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car Year: 2001
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: Manual
Gallery: 0
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Is the radiator support bolted or welded? (2001 Forester)

Hello!
A friend rear ended someone and bent the radiator support. Hence considering getting rid of the vehicle, and I'm interested.

However I have not dealt with subarus nor do I have the vehicle near by to closely examine. After some internet searches with no results, I'm hoping someone could answer this question:

Is the whole radiator support piece welded or bolted to the rest of the frame/body? In most european vehicles it's bolted, but if I remember correctly all Toyotas (Japanese) are welded at least in some spots. So what's it like on a Subaru Forester?

Thank you!
blueapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 2006
Car Model: fxt
Gallery: 11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

The core support is welded. How bad is it bent? you can get replacement "pieces" like the upper tie bar, lower, or left/right side headlight pocket pieces. If it isnt completely destroyed sometimes they can be fixed or only replace those parts of it.
To replace, it is not a really big job, but a body shop is the best unless you have access to those tools
saw556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Exterior and Body