('14+) 2014+ Windshield replacement notes, read if having replaced! - Page 3 - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 08:20 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2015
Car Model: Forester 2.0XT Tour
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
('14+) Cowl Side panels broken rattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingFoz View Post
5) The cowl side trim panels in each lower corner of the windshield are extremely easy to damage (break the plastic snaps) when removed, make sure they are sitting snug against the body, if not odds are the snaps have been damaged, this will also cause rattles. Also make sure the glass has not been damaged or cracked at the corner, the covers are difficult to remove and the glass is fragile at these locations.

[/b]
I recently bought a 2015 FXT touring and noticed the rattle of the cowl side trim pieces and upon inspection see that the clip is broken so they rattle around. Has anyone ordered the new trim pieces and installed themselves? easy to do? I also need to look at them further to determine if i need the clips or if the clip is part of the new cowl. I didn't want to stress them too much to look at it and end up breaking it off further.

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 02:31 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2015
Car Model: Subaru Forester
Transmission: Automatic
Did anyone have an aftermarket windshield installed on EyeSighted Forester?

I wonder if it will make EyeSight go crazy. The dealer quoted me 900$ installed while independent glass shops are around 350$. When I called the independent shops they all asked me the question: "Does your vehicle have lane departure warning system" so obviously that makes a difference in their decision of which windshield to install.

I can use 600$ elsewhere.

Thank you.

Subaru Forester XS 2007
Subaru Legacy Wagon 2000
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 03:30 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2017
Car Model: Forester XT Touring
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Got a crack in the upper part of my windshield this weekend and it initially spread pretty fast. Calling the dealer first today and then the insurance company (Travelers). I'll be demanding OEM glass and preferably that the work be done at the dealership.

Subaru Ambassador
2017 Forester XT Touring

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 06:15 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2016
Car Model: Forester 2.5 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgb113 View Post
Got a crack in the upper part of my windshield this weekend and it initially spread pretty fast. Calling the dealer first today and then the insurance company (Travelers). I'll be demanding OEM glass and preferably that the work be done at the dealership.
Please follow up and let us know how your demand was met and how much the dealership wants for the 1) replacement of windshield and 2) what do they charge for the recalibration of eyesight?

thanks.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 04:41 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2017
Car Model: XT Premium
Is there something about forester that make them prone to damaged windshields? I've never had a damaged or cracked windshield and I'm going to be on my 3rd windshield in less than 13k miles on my 2017. 1st randomly had a crack in the lower edge driver's side between dash cluster and center of console. Never heard a rock or other noise but it spread quickly. Replaced with OEM glass happily then less than ~10 days later that 2nd windshield got hit by a rock, this one I heard. It hit hard at highway speeds but the spot it hit was nearly the EXACT same spot as where the first crack occurred. Needless to say, this is now too spreading and I have a call in for a replacement.

I'm just curious if this is terrible luck or if these windshields are prone to issues. When I called for my first replacement I was told that the previous models had a recall for windshield glass, nothing on the 2017s when I searched. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Exterior and Body

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode