Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Installed Autobahn88 silicon TMIC hoses on the Forester

6K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  keirnna 
#1 ·
So these fit pretty well. I probably should have trimmed them while I was at it to get a little better fit, but It only takes a few minutes to take them off and do that if I have an issue with them. It was getting late tonight and the wife was grumpy. I also sanded and polished away all of the casting lines in the metal I/C pipes. I know it won't do anything, but it was fun to get some practice and felt really good!

Right polished left stock:

Yeah it is really awful. I couldn't believe it. I bought this to throw on the STI for a while, but when I went to change the STI hose it comes with a 1 piece metal Y-pipe with only about a 4" red silicon hose going to turbo which turns out is stock. Wait until I show you the differences between the stock turbo inlet and this Autobahn88 one.

I had to go drive the Forester to my friend that does all of my mechanical work that is either over my head or I don't have time to mess with. The car is having some weird starting issue that was around long before this hose, but it is coming to a head now. Anyway once the car is running it is fine. So I did a few good pulls on the way and man the butt dyno noticed a big difference. I can't believe what a difference it made for something like $90 shipped to my door. .1 bar more boost in 3rd gear and a significantly faster and more torqe-filled pull to redline.

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.