Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Anyone here in Japan?

24K views 58 replies 27 participants last post by  broadbean 
#1 ·
Just curious if any of our members are in Japan? I'm in the middle of nowhere with my SG5 Foz and pretty much rely on strictly the internet and my own intuition. Would be nice to learn of some friendlies who have more experience than I do.
:bananapartyhat:

#3 ·
There are a couple that come to mind that have been active recently on the board, swervo and OkinawaForester (you can always PM them if they miss this thread), I know there's more. And like Dylan there are a few more miltary members stationed in Japan. Oh and Welcome.

Enjoy your Forester and the Forum

Cheers
Doug

#34 ·
I just got back from a month in Japan and I can thoroughly discourage riding the Dododonpa! Violent and cruel. I don't know why anyone would subject themselves to that!! My 10 year old had his heart set on it and we waited for 2.5 hours for the 45 second ride. Ugh! But, hey, if that is what you are into it doesn't get too much more horrendous then the Dododonpa!!! :surprise:

I would recommend climbing Mt Mitsutoge if you end up in the Fuji are though.

Regards, Pete

#9 ·
I used to live there. Actually, in Subaru's home prefecture. Gunma.

Visited the Yajima plant.

It's a pilgrimage every subaru fan should make sometime in their life.

Back home in Toronto Canada now. I've got 98 RS here. Back in Japan it was a peppy little RX-R.

I'll eventually go back. My girlfriend is Japanese and I'll be proposing (crossing my fingers here) sometime this summer when i go back to visit. Just don't think i'll ever go back long term - at least not for a long time... My dad passed away as soon as i got back and i've been helping the family put things back together.

#15 ·
You got the right vehicle for going skiing up at Hakkoda-san. Some of the best deep powder skiing on earth. Gosh, I miss skiing that place a lot.... Used to be stationed at Misawa.

#17 ·
Im in Yokota, it would be nice to get some Gaijins together and show up at a Subaru meet. Summers right around the corner and we're all getting ready for Matsuri season, I cant wait. If any of you are in my neck of the woods or if I going to be in your area I will look some of you up.

Hooking up with some Japanese would be awesome! Its always fun to see how the locals do things.

Shaun

#18 ·
Im in the rural area of Kyoto , I have a 2005 forester sti sg9.

I found a sweet performance shop thats dedicated to Subies in Hyogo perfecture called Aqua , there working on mine now upgrading the turbo, larger injectors new fuel pump, and a bunch more goodies. here is a link with a blog talking about there shop and some pics ????????????????????????4?????P4??????Blog????4?????P4??Minkara - The Car & Automobile SNS (Blog - Parts - Maintenance - Mileage) ( its in Japanese though)

its a two man opertation shop and dedicate work time to some pro racers , so can be a bit slow but over all awesome work
The owner Takeichi dosent like using social media and email so much becuase he feels it takes away time from him working on cars.

#20 ·
I left Japan in December and had to sell my Fozzie to a co-worker. Still 1.5 years on the certification and a brand new clutch..

It breaks my heart how little resale cars have in Japan. The dealerships wanted to give me 60,000yen. :surprise:

Here's how she looked in her final stages of growth before I sold her.

Attachments

#21 ·
Would anyone be willing to help ship things back from Upgarage or better yet junkyards to the US. Upgarage does have the crooober page but trying to confirm/order things translated by google translate would have me a bit worried. I know there is Japanparts.com but their prices are high in my opinion.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.