Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Anybody from Dubai?

13K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  srslysub 
#1 ·
Hi all the Forester owners in Asia!

As usual, I have started really noticing Subarus on the road just when I have bought one. Have to say that I am a very happy owner of one!

But, I have seen quite a lot of them on the road, older and newer ones - a couple of 2009s recently. Anyone else living in Dubai on this forum?

#3 ·
Vacation in Dubai

Wait for some months ... the prices are going DOWN. Although, the vacationing time is now, or, more precisely, from now to April. You don't want to come in July, with 50 Centigrade and 80% humidity ... There will be some GOOD deals, as the hotels are getting empty. Just be sure that you can pay for it.

Some good Subaru viewing around here - the other day, I was at a traffic light with a SVX, driven by a local guy. There are some old ones, mostly driven by not so monied Asian expats. Quite a few Outbacks, Legacies, lots of Imprezas (WRX and STI are mostly gret imports), and some Tribecas. Foresters are popular - for a Subaru. Here, Toyota rules ... :(

#6 ·
DXB Foresters

Hi Shumenko, sure there are more of us driving foresters in DXB ;-)

Which one do you drive? I have got 2008 2.5X, bought it from Subaru next to Sheikh Zayed road but those guys do not seem to have a huge sales. I have not seen any 2009 on roads yet.

BTW: I am going for 2009 in January, but the audio is poor even in the top option. Guys on this forum were able to install some advanced stuff with NAV and BT, do you know if any service here good in custom audio installations?

Cheers.

#9 ·
Hi Shumenko, sure there are more of us driving foresters in DXB ;-)

Which one do you drive? I have got 2008 2.5X, bought it from Subaru next to Sheikh Zayed road but those guys do not seem to have a huge sales. I have not seen any 2009 on roads yet.

BTW: I am going for 2009 in January, but the audio is poor even in the top option. Guys on this forum were able to install some advanced stuff with NAV and BT, do you know if any service here good in custom audio installations?

Cheers.
you can try HSV, Sound On Wheels and Gulf Wireless........all three are reputable car audio retailers/installers in dubai i believe. I'm in the car audio trade and have been to dubai on several occasions.

You can look them up in the local phonebook.........my info on their locations may not be current........last i remember HSV have a branch opposite to Lamcy (spelling right?) Plaza. Gulf W is on Sheik Zayed Rd.

try not to get stuff from the electronics souq.........the street where there are plenty of bargains and a ton of brands..........i've seen product that are definitely knock-offs.

hope to visit your beautiful country again.........who knows.........maybe i'll get to stay at the burj al arab (only USD28,000 / nite)?!! or any one of the Jumeirah......hahaha!! wishful thinking.......i know........ hahaha!!!!!!:biggrin:

#8 ·
Never been to Dubai but looks like a nice destination. What are the beaches like ? And, what other activities are there to do outdoors ? When is the "cheap" off-season time to go ? We did Egypt in May-June last year when nobody was there, little hotter but less crowds so we were fine.

#14 ·
Hi guys,

There are more Foresters on the roads now, it seems :)

My Fozzie is starting to show its 140K km ... and it looks to me that we are all not so happy with the official shop.

Anyone has any experience with other workshops? I am going to try Saluki on Monday, will report.

Current issues: power steering pump, generator bearing, mysterious steering fluid leak that the official guys can not pinpoint for a year now, rough idle in neutral.

Otherwise? Definitely the best car I have ever owned. No nonsense, just enough luxury, no bling, huge capability. Very unlike Dubai, that's why we are few :D

#19 ·
Hello all! I know the last post on this thread was from 5 years ago but I thought I'd give it a bump to see if anyone else is around the UAE. I'm driving a 09 stock, liking it so far, but disappointed with the lack of parts/modding community.

Does anyone know of good places to get parts or local Sub groups to tap into?

#20 ·
Hi fellow Forester driver!

There is quite strong Subaru community here, mostly focused on STI/WRX and BRZ/86 modding, but open to all who drive Subarus! The group is on Facebook, look for UAE Subaru Owners, and you will find it!

The drives are organized often; most recently, the group attended the Caffeine and machine event, with a STI Forester in the pack.

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.