Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Subwoofer Woes

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Falcon1772 
#1 ·
So I currently have an alpine type R 10" Sub powered by a Alpine 2 ohm amp pushing 689w RMS in the back of my 2010 Forester. But I'm finding that it just takes up too much darn space.. I love the sub, love the sound quality of it and everything but I need something smaller. If I could somehow cram it into a smaller enclosure and still get good sound I would. I wish I knew how to fiberglass because I would just make use of the worthless holes in the side of the cargo area.

Any idea what I should do? An underseat sub would be ideal.. maybe 2. I've also been thinking about maybe just amping the doors, or possibly putting in 2 6x9 speaker in boxes in the holes in back.
Tell me what you think.

#2 ·
Do you want bass, or overall sound quality? If bass is important you need to figure out another solution for the subwoofer. If you're looking for better overall sound, amping (and upgrading) the door speakers would be worthwhile.

#3 ·
Have you tried truck boxes? They are pretty slim and still give good sound. I've had this setup for years and its been in multiple vehicles. I got Dual subs for free when I bought my amp, figured I would upgrade them at some point but two 10"s with a 760w 2 channel amp puts out plenty of bass for me and doesn't take up too much trunk space. This is just a mock up pic I took, still haven't installed my system in my Forester but I mount the amp in between the subs for even more space saving, plus it looks cool and covers up the ugly hack job I did to the boxes years ago.

#4 ·
To Anub1s- I have Rockford Fosgate Punch's in the front and Pioneers in the rear. I do love my bass, but I also like quality. My Type R 10 seems to hit what I like perfectly but I would give up the Type R if I could have more usable room.

To Joe333x- I don't think that would work for me because I need to be able to fold down my seats.

Heres mine:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.