The Sub kit guy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Renton, Wa
Car Year: 2005
Car Model: Forester X & XT VF39
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Since you mention "tape deck" I would assume it is a 98-2002 model. Removing the radio only takes minutes.
1) open the center console/arm rest thingy, remove the 2 screws just under the lid
2) pull out the plastic panel that goes around the e-brake lever
3) Remove the black trim panel around the gear selector (undo the shift knob if needed)
4) undo the 2 screws at the bottom of the dash bezel.
5) Snap off the black stereo/ HVAC bezel. 4 clips hold it in place and it should come out with a little tug.
6) 4 screws hold the metal radio/pocket "cage' in place. Remove those, unplug the anntenna and the radio harness along with a few other wires and your 1/2 way there.
7) mount aftermarket headunit to the metal "cage". reverse the above proceedures to get your car back together.
Test the radio and make sure everything works and you get good reception BEFORE putting things back together.
05 Forester XTi Premium M/T (bobbytuned VF39)(his)
05 Forester X A/T (hers)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.