Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

One Touch Windows

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  slowhatch 
#1 ·
Hi, this is my first post on here. I am a new owner of an 13' X. I have done a few minor mods to it since purchasing it such as installing a homelink mirror, upgrading the door speakers and dynomatting the doors, and installing a rear cargo net.

My next two projects are going to be upgrading the head unit to a double din navigation system with powered sub and trying to install one touch window controls.

It currently has one touch down for the drivers window. I would like to add the one touch function for both front windows in the up and down positions. It appears that the window switches are sourced from Nissan. I know that most one touch window switches have four resistance levels, and that tells the window motor which function is being requested. I am thinking that i should just be able to pick up a switch pack for a Nissan and it will probably work. The problem is the switch packs are not cheap and I would like to be sure that it will work before I spend $120. Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks, Dave.

#3 ·
If you search nasioc for this there are several threads and I believe they all say that swapping switches will not work. There is a Directed Electronics module that can be swapped in for one-touch up/down, about $40/module, each module controls two windows.
Cheaper solution than the Nissan switches and it'll actually work.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.