Here's we go
Just thought i'd take on the task of fixing my overhead console clock
yesterday.. after living without it for about six months I thought I might
like to reunite with the clock..
Here we go!
Removal of clock:
Pictures to come soon
Lets get this clocked fixed...
The first thing I noticed was that there was not a direct crack in the
solder.. it was more that the solder got stressed over time so this created
an extremely weak connection, since my clock worked for about 2
seconds here and there
Heres the "to the eye" picture
You may notice that the solder on #510 is pretty pathetic..
Hopefully it didn't turn out too dark, but you can see that it looks like
cottage cheese (sortof) whereas its all pitted
Well you have basicly two choices here
1-) Re-solder just using the solder there, basicly using a fine tip solder
"gun" (pencil tip etc) and heating it up, thus allowing the connection to be
Or (what I did)
2-) Use step one with addition use of solder material, safest way to insure
fix will last awhile
Soldering is done.. here are the results..
This picture allows you to see the improvement to the connection
Just a little follow up
The clock works!
and when I was resoldering #510, I decided to do all the other similar
connections, seeing some other ones show'd signs of wear, better safe
There ya have it!
I'll try to get the removal pics today (though, the process is fairly straight