Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Mini refrigerator for Forester 2015

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Steve B. 
#1 ·
I have a Forester 2015 and I am looking for a small refrigerator that fits in and is compatible with this model. Any recommendations??
Thanks for any suggestions you can provide!

#3 ·
I use a 20 year old version of this $90 12 volt powered Coleman cooler:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Quart-PowerChill-Thermoelectric-Cooler/dp/B0083F8YZC/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1462203628&sr=1-1&keywords=12+volt+cooler[/ame]

It uses a lot of electricity compared to a compressor refrigerator, not a problem when the wagon engine is running. The Subaru rear power outlet powers off when the car engine is off, so no flat battery issue for my use of transporting cold food. If you want to camp out for days with no other power, it is not for you.

#5 ·
I have two Koolatron thermoelectric refrigerators/coolers that haven't let me down in many years. I use the smaller one for daily work use on the road (fits behind either of the front seats), and the bigger for family vacations (fits in the trunk). I also have the AC adapter so that I can bring it into a hotel room and keep it plugged in.

I have sat for two hours with this plugged in and the car battery is fine. Wouldn't leave it overnight on car battery power though.

#7 ·
I used an IGLOO Iceless cooler on our last trip, Plugs into the outlet in the car, kept things cold enough, took it into the room (not a camper) at night, used the adapter, Worked great for what I wanted. Rode comfortably behind the drivers seat for 2500 miles.

#10 · (Edited)
Truckfridge ac/dc chest type fridge/freezers

Truckfridge.com sells ac/dc chest type refrigerator/freezers in three sizes. They are considerably less expensive than a similar sized ARB.

TF31

MSRP $499 + Shipping
Size - W x H x L * 13 ¾"W x 14 ½"H x 23"L
Gross Capacity 1.0 cu. ft.
Voltage DC 12-24 Volt / AC 115-230 Volt / 50-60 Hz

TF41
MSRP $549 + Shipping
Size - W x H x L * 13 ¾"W x 17"H x 23"L
Gross Capacity 1.5 cu. ft.

TF51
MSRP $599 + Shipping
Size - W x H x L * 13 ¾"W x 20 ½"H x 23"L
Gross Capacity 2.0 cu. ft.

* The length measurement of the portables does not include the carrying handles. They are 28" long with the carrying handles installed.

The TF51 model offers the best of electronic technology. Featuring a highly efficiency Danfoss/Secop compressor, an energy saving function (ECO), a turbo cooling function (MAX) and multifunction electronic thermostat allowing for easy temperature control with minimal energy consumption. The electronic AC/DC circuit board allows for both 12-24 VDC or 115-230 VAC operation. Switching between DC and AC is automatic. Standard three level battery protection. 1 year warranty.​

Wander the West discussion thread about Truckfridges

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.