How to locate the immobiliser - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
Subaru Forester Forum
ebay search
Subaru Forester Forum
Go Back   Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Interior and Electronics
SubaruForester.org is the premier Subaru Forester Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 04:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 2000
Car Model: s turbo
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default How to locate the immobiliser

Hi folks, anoyher immobiliser issue !!
Changed the batteries in both my sigma fobs as the alarm will activate and de activate depending on what mood it is in so im guessing there may be an issue with the main box. Unfortunately i have no idea of where its located so any advice would be appreciated.
The car wont start due to the issue so im pretty screwed at the moment !!!
RHINOIGUANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member

I should have mentioned that ive a 2000 w reg s turbo. The alarm is disarmed but the immobiliser is armed. Fobs are operating but the alarm and the immobiliser will not repsond. Changed the batts on both fobs, car batt is fully charged and good, Ive put the key in the ignition and yurned the key to the point the dash lights come on but unfortunately it is not flashing on the immobiliser led on the dash. Ive no idea !!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

Just had the RAC out lol !!!!!
No idea, i dont know about aftermarket systems !!!
Its factory fitted !!!
Is it ? Do they fit these in BMWs ?
How the feck to do know and do i care at this moment in time !!
Cant do it mate, got to go to next job !!
thanks 8-)
Any way, as i turned around i noticed i was parked bang nexy yo yhe toen centre BT exchange, could this be part of the problem ?
Help me before someone vandalizes it :(
Old 12-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 2005
Car Model: Forester XT
Transmission: 4eat
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

You need to get the battery in the key changed, not the FOB. I'm not sure they are serviceable, so you may have to get a new key from your Subaru dealer.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guroove View Post
You need to get the battery in the key changed, not the FOB. I'm not sure they are serviceable, so you may have to get a new key from your Subaru dealer.
Thanks for the reply, I didnt know there was a battery in the key on a 2000 model ?
Did you mean the ignition key ?
Ive tried both sets of keys and changed the batteries on both my fobs, the leds work on both fobs. The rac guy did one good thing, he put power to the starter which turned over so im sure its an immobiliser issue. Do we think that parking outside the BT exchange could have anything to do with it not starting ?
Ive all dash lights bit noticed the red key symbol flashing which i have not seen before although ive never been sat in it long enough with it not running lol
Old 12-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 2005
Car Model: Forester XT
Transmission: 4eat
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Does the key light flash with the key in the "off" position? IIRC, the light flashes as soon as I get into the car, so that might mean that it is not an immobilizer issue. Possibly the fuel pump or ignition?
Old 12-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 10
Car Model: XT
Transmission: 4EAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINOIGUANA View Post
Do we think that parking outside the BT exchange could have anything to do with it not starting ?
I am assuming the BT exchange is some kind of bank, if so, try putting the car manually into neutral and move it a distance away and try restarting it. Sometimes the alarm systems banks have will create RF interference and interfere with the immobilizer system.

I have read of this happening before to someone parked outside of a bank in Australia, and I think he had a newer model with a complete keyless system. it wouldn't start until he pushed the car away from the bank.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadcomTxx View Post
I am assuming the BT exchange is some kind of bank, if so, try putting the car manually into neutral and move it a distance away and try restarting it. Sometimes the alarm systems banks have will create RF interference and interfere with the immobilizer system.

I have read of this happening before to someone parked outside of a bank in Australia, and I think he had a newer model with a complete keyless system. it wouldn't start until he pushed the car away from the bank.
I noved the car 200 metres but it still doesnt disarm the immobiliser. Fortunately the alarm is off so i can access the car and the central locking works on the key. I dont have any flashing from the dash led. I disconnected the battery and had one quick burst on the alarm siren ( 2 seconds) but still the same.
There is power to the key code pad but i do not have the code for the manual overide :( I am considering having the system bypassed as a temporary measure just to get her moving again. Im unsure if subaru will have the code should i ring them as i do not know where it was originally purchased from when new. so to recap, car battery is good, car will turn over if powered dirsectly to the starter motor (wont start) keyfobs have new batteries and leds on fobs are working fine. No led on dash, no response between immobiliser/alarm and keyfob.
Is there any way i can de immobilise the car using the keypad without the original 4 digits ? Anyway of reprogramming the key pad without first entering the original 4 digits ?
Old 03-04-2011, 06:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member

I located the immobiliser under the steering columb. Fortunately i was able to get hold of a wiring diagram so ive bypassed it completely and now all is good !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Interior and Electronics