Center console removal / Shift lock solenoid (MY05) - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
Subaru Forester Forum
ebay search
Subaru Forester Forum
Go Back   Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Interior and Electronics
SubaruForester.org is the premier Subaru Forester Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car Year: 2005
Car Model: Subaru Forester X05
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Center console removal / Shift lock solenoid (MY05)

Hi All,

I was attempting to replace shift lock solenoid in my Forester MY05 (auto) but I stuck and need some assistance/advice.

I removed plastic cover around shifter area and I can see shift lock solenoid cover. I removed pin from solenoid's cover but it looks like it is impossible to remove solenoid without removing whole center console.

This is where I stuck. I loosened two bolts that hold console at front and I see two bolts in storage box of armrest. It also looks like center console has 2 parts, upper and lower + additional plastic cover around base of shifter area. I can see that leather cover around ebrake can be unclipped.

I tried to find clear instruction on how to remove center console but failed to find it for my MY05. My understanding is that different year model have different consoles.

If you removed center console in your forester, could you please tell how to do it? Is that possible to remove only upper part of console?

Andriy Fedorov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car Year: 2005
Car Model: Subaru Forester X05
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Replaced shift lock solenoid, that was real PITA! I loosened all bolts I could see and partially unclipper upper part of console. Could not figure out how to remove it completely but as I made it loose I had some room to remove solenoid. Another problem was reconnecting wires from new solenoid to existing harness. But it is all done now ... Shift lock works fine.
Andriy Fedorov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Interior and Electronics