Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

What tyres are you running? FSTI...

2K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Scratch 
#1 ·
As above really. What is the general consensus on tyres on a FSTI? My Potenzas are getting tyred ( sorry ) and I'm wearing out the outside edges on the near side due to millions of roundabouts we have in Basingstoke!

Supa:cool:

#4 ·
Its got Uniroyal rainsport 3's on the front and some Japanese ditchfinders on the rear. I don't rate the rainsports, I can't seam to find any grip in them in any condition other than dry.

Goodyear eagle F1 asymmetric 2's have been my go to tyre for a while now on my other car. I may need to try the new 3's once the tyres currently fitted are worn out.

#6 ·
I have run a set of the oem bridgestones RE040, then a set of AD08 when I was using the car on track - fantastic tyre and never noticed any particular limitations on road either, even in a couple of inches of snow, but then I know how to drive to the conditions.

Currently running Yokohama Advan Sport V105 which came second I think it was in the 2016 Evo tyre test, the top tyre being the Conti sport contact 6, but the difference between them was marginal but quid a few quid per corner.

Monay no object it would be pilot super sports though to be honest.

Reactions: Supacool1
#14 ·
Summer - Nexen N8000 - they were on the car when I got it - not normally something I would buy but they have been ok and they are only £50 each!

Winter - currently running some ISTI 17's with Michelin Alpins which are ok but a bit noisy. Got another set of FSTI 18's now and have some Dunlop Winter sports coming this week.

Also got a set of Uniroyal Rainsports but they have worn quite a bit on the edges due to the soft sidewalls.

#17 ·
after asking the same questions around my hood. about 40% of guys are running Advan AD08's. half are running Federal 595 RSR's.

was lined up to get the 595's keen to try them. but got a set of Advan A10's ready to try out.

Toyo Proxes have been the best tires i have had so far. Hankook Ventus V12 are a bit soft. decent cheap tires though. :smile2:

#19 ·
Agree totally. Had them on my Celica GT4 off the back of recommendations from the owners club. Wouldn't work when wet, cold and in the winter. Once warmed up on a hot day, they were ok, but most of the time they were a liability! :frown2:

#22 ·
The PSS has been sort of superceded by the PS4 which I'm seriously considering giving a try. They're hailed addressing some of the weaknesses of the PSS, but I guess from the rolling resistance rating they won't have desperately stiff sidewalls - however they did get a pretty good rating for steering feel in the few tests done so far. Not cheap but if they live up to the proclaimed wear rating there will likely be a saving over time.

#27 · (Edited)
Currently running Conti SportC5. Good compromise on out right grip vs good wear and good progression on the limit, as well as having great wet weather performance.
That's the summer tyre, for winter am running Pirelli Sotto Zeros in the cold and wet, they are holding up well on their 3rd season now. And a lot quieter than I was expecting.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.