Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

This week's £60

3K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  Burgerking 
#1 ·
This week's £60 is an engine rebuild for my poorly 2.5XT PPP, wish me luck!!

It had a nice 2 week run around Anglesey in August and only afterwards did it start to intermittently overheat due to a failing head gasket. I can't help but think that the Subaru 2.5 turbo engine (EJ255/EJ257) may not have been their best work.

Time for a week in a rental Ford Focus :crying:

Burgerking

#7 ·
It's getting a bottom end rebuild at the same time, forged pistons and an uprated head gasket so the resulting engine is like new and very robust. I don't actually know how much the HG job alone would be tbh.

You might have guessed, we're planning to keep this car for a while. As an aside, the standard PPP puts out about 260bhp, how much can the standard gearbox and turbo take with a suitable map?

#22 ·
Picked up the car today, obviously it has to be run in but it feels very smooth and noticeably quieter than it was. It feels almost like a new car now.

Great work Autotecnica, nice guys to deal with and they really know their stuff.

Will update again after the oil change when I can use the performance ...

Steve (Burgerking)

#31 ·
I had the oil change to fully synthetic Millers CFS NT oil last week and the car feels superb, very smooth and pulls strongly from just under 2500rpm, feels like a new engine now :smile2:

Great work again Autotecnica, my only complaint is that every trip I've made to Buxton has been on a cold, miserable rainy day!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.