Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

TGIeF

15K views 183 replies 18 participants last post by  Nich B 
#1 ·
Thank God It's a European Friday!

How about a thread, only permitted to write to on fridays? With friday-stories for friday-people. That 'european' is to keep it... well... europeish. :grin2:

I was listening to Rob Scallon's covers on Slayer (with banjo) while driving to work this morning, when I (and 4-5 other cars) had to break hard for a Kia Smallcarsomething ECO with green leaves and stuff indicating "Here drives an environmentalfriendly person in an environmentalfriendly way." and boy! Was he driving sloooow!

That's about when I noticed my own speed :icon_redface:.

I'm glad there are sensible, morally correct people in the traffic! 0:)

#2 ·
Today, I'll be mostly wearing blue. One of my many sets of blue overalls as about to venture back into the garage to modify the V8 exhaust system.

European question of the day..."why do all my overalls, including the heavy duty red set, always wear through the right knee first...?" To me, this is one of life's unanswerable questions...a bit like what's on the other side of a black hole!

Answers on a postcard please...

Centre of Unanswerable Questions
c/o Blue Peter
Televison Centre
Wood Lane
London
W12 7RJ

#11 ·
Are you right or left handed? That depends upon the activity thought generally right handed...though still does not answer the Q? as if a standing activity there's not wear to right knee of overall.

There is nothing on the "other side" because there is no other side, in fact there is no hole! :surprise: Mr Subaru Stiglet, you blasphemous fellow, no black hole, no other side...? There has to be...saying there's not completely ruins the quantum physicists theory that the theoretical infinite mass conundrum has to go somewhere i.e. through to the other side. If not, the mathematical density of the theoretical infinite mass will go ka-boom :nerd:

Sounds like another case for Blue Peter. Where's John Noaks and Valerie Singleton when they're really needed...?

#6 ·
for a Kia Smallcarsomething ECO with green leaves and stuff indicating "Here drives an environmentalfriendly person in an environmentalfriendly way." and boy! Was he driving sloooow!
Probably have been my father-in-law visiting his wife's family - he would have been in no hurry to get there :biggrin:

#7 ·
Here's one that's very EU related (well, possibly only UK but it may have spread to the mainland too)....

Why has Black Friday suddenly erupted this side of the Atlantic this year?

The UK, at least, has gone mental for it - I can understand why they do it in the US as it's Thanks Giving and so all the Yanks are being grateful for turkeys or something like that and go a bit mental, but why have we suddenly adopted it???

#8 ·
Blame Amazon (sung to the tune of "Blame Canada" from the South Park film)!

They started it about four years ago and now other retailers have followed suit.

Does seem to have gone mad this year. NDS made a pertinent point elsewhere, which is that it appears to be a modern day version of natural selsction, with moronic goons beating each other up in order to get a cheap TV!

#9 ·
It has spread to the northern parts of mainland as well! I guess people try anything to sell more.

I know I got a bit mental from eating kalakukko! And karjalan riissipiirakka! Nomnom. Turkey is dry and boring unless you get something to rince it down with.

Hmm... when I think of it, anything tastes good with the right kind of whiskey.

#12 · (Edited)
By Geronimo, I've got it!!

Black holes...of course they have another side, all that energy must exit somewhere...it's what's causing the holes in the right knee of my overalls :grin2:

I currently have three pairs of overalls, probably 10 pairs over the past 20+ years...and all have experienced the 'right knee phenomenon'. You see, black holes do exist and seem to crop up when when least expected...:laugh:

Edit: "Hold on, Huston, we may have a problem..." if the black holes are exiting through the overall's right knee, this means my garage is full of the inversed black holes...and I'm guessing that's a big problem as the inverse black hole would be a door/portal into another Universe...which means my garage is, in fact, a multi Universe time machine! And if so...

1. this explains why things go missing for years, then suddenly reappear
2. why time mysteriously disappears when tinkering in the garage...something we can all relate to...

and

3. I'm about to re-enter the garage, I may be away for some time...

#19 ·
Yay! It's friday again.

Earlier in my life I drove around in a MB C200, automatic and comfortable. Although it was sold with the sports-package, stiffer ARB, 17" alloys, faster steering and whatever... BUT with the second smallest engine! What was it, like 100kW? What's the bloody point? :) Anyway, I liked it for commuting.

It had 'Sport'-decals on the sides and rear! I always wanted those to say 'Sprot' instead because it wasn't a real sportscar, really.

And now I want 'Sprot'-decals to my Foz which is way more sporty but I want to keep it more like a sleeper, ugly and dented. So when people ask "Hey... look, there's a typo on your car!" I can answer "Noooope, it actually is a sprot-car. It's not a very sporty car.".

Childish? Yes. But I think those 3d-printers could be the way to get there! I get too many hits on google on typos, not the actual decal.

#20 ·
It's somewhat crazy that a week has flown by already. Last Friday I brought you the Beast of Turin...so this week, here's the trailer from Stefan Marjoram who's making a short film about the restoration of this remarkable vehicle. Be sure to turn the volume up when the engine cranking starts...though how much arm breaking compression is there lord only knows...

The Beast of Turin trailer on Vimeo

#28 ·
Heheh, as I start working 4 days now I had Friday yesterday>:) which way do you go Gigsy, I am assuming you are driving?
I am heading to Poland early morning next Saturday, so if you see blue Foreste with a steering wheel o n the wrong side, somewhere in Europe it most likely me:grin2:

#29 ·
Our heating system should finally be up and running properly again today, so this is a great Friday from my perspective.

As I type this, my feet are like blocks of ice... so I shall place them on some bottles of beer to chill those ready for this evening.

Just an afternoon of R&D tax relief and tax restructuring to navigate first!

#33 ·
had a good day today. Bought exhaust tip direct from BMW for the X3. turned up (£41.40 later) and it turns out that the twin pipes arent sold together (as pictured) but are in fact £41.40 each!!!!!

Contacted them and they agreed to refund which is good, I can buy a stainless backbox for not much more lol.

best of all PAY DAY!!

#34 ·
Nearly a foot of white stuff this morning >:) I love this weather; apart from having to pull Citroen's, Renault's and every damn RWD BMW up hills and out of ditches :frown2:

I wish folk would understand if their gona come to the Highlands for a winter holiday not to forget it's not only the protective clothing needed but also a capable vehicle . Mind you it's probably the higher car place giving them 0.01 ltr 1 bhp Tupperware boxes.:grin2:

Ahhhhhhhh its so sweet owning an AWD Foz and with the Yoko's on and my08 Imp lip she doubles up as a plough :wink2:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.