Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Sigma alarm receiver issues

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  joey_turbo 
#1 ·
Hi all its been a while since I've been on the forum but I've hit a problem today.

I came to unlock the car with the fob and it didn't!
The key unlocks the car okay, and when the door is opened the alarm goes off.
The fob lights up when the button is pressed and I've also changed its battery to make sure its a fresh one.
But I cannot unlock the car with the fob.

Would there be an issue with the alarm receiver end of the system? Its the original Sigma system.
Or would it be a car battery issue as the car is not driven a lot recently due to me using a works van.

I am at a bit of loss with this. Any help apprecated.

ubdai

#5 ·
Looks like it could be a car battery issue. Very low voltage on it. Haved hoiked it out for a desulphuration and charge.
It needs the missus to drive it for me during the week, but the last time she took it out she managed to scrape the front bumper on a concrete bollard whilst picking the boy up from school.
Oh the choices, leave her drive it or remove the battery? Which is the best option I don't know.

Anyway will charge the battery and try it again next weekend.
ubdai

#6 ·
It's an outside option but i had a situation like this to find my door bell button had become stuck and was interfering with the car remote.

Other thought would be to reprogramme the remote assuming it isn't related to the car battery.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.