Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Because it is worth another 60ish

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  kontkret 
#1 ·
For a long time I had a problem with people not knowing how to drive, or just not bothering about other user of the road. But after situation from the few days back something break... Myself and my mate, we were coming back from work, and on a three lane round about, being precise, on a exit from that roundabout 'gentlemen' try to squeeze between me and my buddy car, and trailer - after his further behavior on a road he was either drunk or under drugs - I decided to buy one of the car video recorder.
After reading quite few tests, and reviews I have chosen: Transcend DrivePro 200. Here is few picture how it looks like taken out of box. I am impressed with quality, of the camera (doesn't look like some cheap chines plastic, so hopefully it will last).

What I really like about this model is that you can store the picture to attached microSD card, or you can stream it to your smartphone. It has a g-sensor, and capture picture during the accident.
I can't say yet too much about the quality of picture, but looking at some reviews and test I think it is really good choice in price/quality category. Will keep you updated and post some films, as soon as I install it.

See less See more
#3 ·
ive had one for a good while now [not that model tho] had to buy a new sd card for it. fitted it on the car park drove 10 miles and got a cracking video of some bint rear ending another car into my path.
luckly I didn't hit ether of them.
and tbh, after my accident in july I don't think I will be without one again.
next is to get a good one for my bike.

#6 ·
next is to get a good one for my bike.
I have a Roadhawk Ride that I use on my motorbike.
I mostly do short journeys during the daytime, so have it fixed to my helmet. Battery lasts about an hour or so. DogCam Sport, who I believe are the same company as RoadHawk, do a new 1080 HD version that looks a lot better for quality called Bullet R+. They also now do a battery pack for the Bullet R+ to increase useful record time.
The ride is good, but at nighttime the quality is severely impaired.

David

#4 ·
+1 for having one of these in the car. Worth it for the reassurance factor alone!

My Smartcam 2 is slowly dying (only 14 months old) so I will be on the market for a new camera soon - and had even considered getting a second one mounted in the rear of the car and connected to the power socket in the boot.

Technomoan is a good place for advice on the cheaper cameras: Techmoan - Guide to Dashcams

Would love to get a Roadhawk - but they are 150+. However they also claim to be insurance approved, so need to look into whether fitting one might bring down the cost of insurance: Roadhawk UK | Black Box Car Cameras - RoadHawk

#7 ·
What happens if you incriminate yourself? Is it constantly filming?

My concern would be that plod pulls you, takes the camera as evidence and then there is something on there that gets you in bother. The G meter alone would show you've been excitable.

#8 ·
Being brutally honest Pindie, I am think about myself as a honorable/clean guy, and I don't have a problem with any consequences if I made a mistake. Also looking around the roads British cops are not overly strict. I have never been pull over, or get any ticket. To be honest I don't think they give a ..... And this is probably one of the biggest issues here.
I am going to make their life easier, and save myself hassle.

#11 ·
How is yours Lucas ?

Done deal with mine :grin2:

All Halford store's will match the online offer of £119 plus free SD card

Shame she wont let me open it until the 25th:crying: Best not get into any tangles beforehand :surprise:

#12 ·
Heh, that seems to be good price >:) Well currently working 12-13h per day and commuting additional 3h, I found hard to sleep enough, not mentioning about the other activities :frown2:
I will try to install mine over the weekend, and post some film, but I am going to do some more work on a car, so not sure how this land. We will see.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.