Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

My Japanese Beast

16K views 76 replies 23 participants last post by  sakai530 
#1 · (Edited)
So it's time to post my Forester 2.5XT from 2004.

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
If you are running the stock struts there are several companies that make Foz specific springs...probably even more in Europe.

Quick PS, while the rear is low, it still looks a million times better. You could also use some spacers to push the tires out a little for a more flush look. But that is what some like and others don't.

I know a lot of people use Swift Forester specific springs and have good results. But I ran WRX STi springs for a while and it looked nice, but could eventually kill your struts. And you get saggy butt eventually.

#10 ·
Did a small service on the Fozzy (also cleaned the AC) and it's still running like a charm :D

I'm thinking of some extra music :D but I don't want to change the katalysators. Police and loacal rules.

Alos thinking of a ECU flash but that cost much euro's as well :(

#16 · (Edited)
#18 · (Edited)
Cleaned it up!

Vandaag eventjes aan de slag geweest met een oud lapje

This was how I bought it. The garage told me it had a protectic working.
Anyway I though of cleaning it up :)

Removed the information sticker.

Moon roof 8)

Dashboard

Sound check captured by my brother with his Samsung Galaxy S

#36 ·
Cleaned it up!

Vandaag eventjes aan de slag geweest met een oud lapje

This was how I bought it. The garage told me it had a protectic working.
Anyway I though of cleaning it up :)

Nice im in love with the interior

Removed the informatin sticker.

Moon roof 8)

Dashboard

Sound check captured by my brother with his Samsung Galaxy S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOSwuqvlBj0
Nice, im in love with the interior

#30 ·
I like that expansion chamber. Same rules as the UK although they bought in this absurd 30mph restriction around 1977 that actually made them more dangerous than before because most car drivers assumed the moped in front would leave quite rapidly when the traffic lights turned green. Instead, these things were so restricted, that bicycles were often quicker off the line and some poor young chaps got rear ended by cars/vans/lorries. I'm not sure if this stupid law was ever repealed, but I doubt it. The same bunch of government idiots then went on to restrict 125cc bikes to 12BHP (IIRC) whereupon the manufacturers responded by raising the power band (in this hotly contested. along with the 250cc class, engine size) to a much higher point and while maintaining the "on paper" performance figures, it actually turned these "first/learners" bikes into mini track racers. How is a novice supposed to deal with an engine that is flat up to around 6K and then all hell breaks loose and all the power is developed in a few thousand revs, in the wet? Idiots.

The front mudguard number plates were dropped along time ago as it was discovered they made an effective guillotine for pedestrians on impact and even though yours looks like plastic unless it's very flexible......? However, the Dutch are more pragmatic and sensible so I expect this was tested before being made a regulation?

But the chamber and fairing are cool, Maxis live forever too.

#22 · (Edited)
Long time ago,
I already had the open mid pipe. Two months ago I bought a Scoobysport open muffler to hear the boxer sound :)
Also "tuned up" the panel filter for a Cosworth panel filter. Power gain is nothing :p

Got to love the flat 4 engine

My girl doesn't want me to change a lot of the car because of the prices.
I do want to upgrade things!
BC BR coilover set around € 1100 with assembly costs
Rota grids in 18inch 8,5J ET44 5*100 also around 925/1000 euro's
ECU-flash around 825 to do some power gains 270Hp, 370Nm

Don't know wich one I'll do first?

Btw can someone move this thread to members journal? Is see I start this thread in the wrong section

#24 · (Edited)
It's all OEM and it does look like Leggy seats :) they also have airbags in them and heat seating:)

I'm thinking of lowering the car. Overhere I can choose for the new but expensive coilovers from BC or for even less then a quarter of the price I can get STi shocks from a MY04 WRX STi sedan with 70k miles of usage.

Don't know what to do?

#25 ·
Does someone knows what changes?
My summer wheels Anzio Drift are 18 inch 8J ET35
The Rota's are 18 inch 8,5J ET44
People told me both gonna fit my 235/40/18 tyres.

Also a sound comes from the left front brake during braking is normal but also when parking the car.

When driving away you can here a click, also when driving away in reverse. First the click, it stops when you're driving. I suspect the hill holder.
After cleaning the brake pads the sound can be gone for one week or for six months. I still don't know what it triggers.

#26 · (Edited)
BC coilovers

Last Saturday I went to a shop to install a BC BR coilover set. On the front it's 35 cm (before 42cm) and at the back it's 37cm (before 41cm, but they are OEM self levelers so it could be higher during driving).
Maybe I will lower it a centimeter or two. Can't wait to put these winter steels back in the shed and install my Anzio Drifts 18inch 8j ET35

Don't mention the ice shields, they work great :biggrin:

Almost as low as the BMW 3liter six cylinder from my neighbor

It was like this

But there is one problem. During installation the drive shaft on the right (gearbox side) popped out of the gearbox. They told me it's not normal so something was wrong with the car already. I also went to my mechanic with 30 years of Subaru knowledge and he advised me to get a new drive shaft and told me that the other company was installing it very brutal otherwise I could not happen.

Short said I'm screwed

#28 ·
Got it back from the mechanic

Got it back with a new drive shaft. I had to left the old one because of the deposit

It also got aligned :)

Got it backk with the same noise like a bad drive shaft :crazy:
The mechanic told me that it where the new Hawk HPS brake pads and that the inner disk of the front brakes are too the minimum. I shot a movie about it. Is it the brakes?

It's not about the picture but about the sound!

I also got rid off the snow

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.