Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Let it Snow! Show off your Snow pics (merged thread)

219K views 962 replies 396 participants last post by  brandypup 
#1 ·
This is from this morning. Anchorage, AK is getting hit hard, but not nearly as bad as Colorado from what i hear. Enjoy!

Just keepin my driveway clear makes quite a mound.

See less See more
#8 ·
Dont go by what on the roof, it gets windy here and it got warm one weeekend. Total on the lawn is about a foot or maybe 15" (not including the piles) Its still snowing now too. Storm coming tomorrow.

And those are some sweet snow pics from colorado if you dont mind me saying, just hope everyone is ok.

#4 ·
This is in Arvada. Western sub. of Denver.
We had 33" in the back yard.

Drifts on the south side of the house.

The front of the house and drive before the work begins.
The Subie's are warm and dry in the garage.....poor old truck.

We do it the old fashion way.

The truckster will survive to see warmer days.

Even the sun got it.

We had total blizzard conditions w/40-50mph winds.
It is a blessing because we really needed the water.
Plus, two maybe three snow days from work. :woohoo:

pepperblues
► Edit - moderator's note - the images on this post are not recoverable. :frown:

Bobby...

#11 ·
4x4sc: Nice pictures in this and the other thread. It's good to see a Forester from the old continent. I've been meaning to ask, what is the antenna on your roof? UHF or something else?

My impression is that Foresters and Subarus in general are fairly rare in most of Europe because of high fuel prices and no Subaru diesel. But Subarus are certainly very popular in my home-country of Switzerland, where gasoline taxes are not quite as high as in EU countries and the Alpine roads make AWD shine.

#874 ·
4x4sc:
My impression is that Foresters and Subarus in general are fairly rare in most of Europe because of high fuel prices and no Subaru diesel. But Subarus are certainly very popular in my home-country of Switzerland, where gasoline taxes are not quite as high as in EU countries and the Alpine roads make AWD shine.
Don't believe everything you read ;) Plenty of Foresters in the UK, see here

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/browse/subaru/subaru_forester

Currently at least 3589 FXT's alone on the road as of Q3/2014. Oh, and plenty of diesels too...

BTW, excellent Snowbaru photographs...just a shame we're not seeing these snow levels here in Blighty.

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Lucky people, did you hear about the "October Surprise" Buffalo, NY got! Let me go get some pics for you:)

So you see, it's not much fun getting a snow/ice storm early in October. The trees were still quite green and the weight of the ice and snow was just too much for most trees to bear. They estimate about 80-90% of the trees were damaged in some way. Many people were out of power for a week and we didn't get our phone and cable back online for another week after that. My wife and I were lucky enough to find a generator at a distant Home Depot and at least had lights, heat, refrigeration, etc. for the last half of the time we were out of power. The snow melted completely in two days as this was a freak storm and we usually don't have freezing weather this early in the season. All in all, it wasn't a bad experience. This is our first year in the house and we got to use the fireplace a lot that week (hadn't used it at all before the storm) and I got pretty handy at using a chain saw. We also now have a generator in case something like this happens again...hopefully not, but you never know.

#16 · (Edited)
Foresters are fairly rare in Greece. Toyota Rav4 is most popular here. But people who know more things about good cars prefer a Subaru Forester. And i believe you know why they do so. My friends and i like to make offroad trips (About 10 - 15 SUVs and ATVs). Thats why you can see the antenna on the roof. Its a UHF antenna. I have the only Forester but i do not only follow them. There is also a Garmin 276c GPS to find the way into the forests. I am going to visit Mt Oiti (1850m.) during Christmas and i will have new photos from snowy landscape. No Subaru diesels here in Greece. Gasoline costs from 0.85 to 1.00 Euro per litre from country to country.

#26 ·
As someone who also lives up that way (Morrison), I'll also chime in saying it is a great place to live. Peaceful, and yet not too far away from the city. Also, many places (like ours :icon_razz: ) have incredible views both up towards the mountains, and down towards the city. Also, Morrison (shameless plug) has some amazing resturants, is close to Red Rocks, and still has somewhat of a "town" feel, though not as much as Idledale or Kitridge up the canyon.

As craigb said, prices are 200k - $$!!$!!$ (5mil plus). Its well worth it though, and is pretty in check with those in town and in the suburbs.

For me, Skiing 1hr 15min away + mountain biking out my back door + rock climbing steps away + good resturants + peace and quiet + nice homes = FTW.

#27 ·
Im kinda realy disapointed, im way up north in Ontario Canada and we have NOTHING FOR SNOW!!!!! i might be in the Toronto area but when i went up north to visit the parents they had nothing there either, its kinda sad for this time of year , hell its christmas in 2 days, and its like +8 degres outside lol. oh well .

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.