Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Aggressive wheel Foresters? (merged thread)

3M views 5K replies 599 participants last post by  dz1 
#1 ·
Are there any Foresters out there in Interweb land running an aggressive wheel size. I'm looking for 18'' Advan RS or similar with a low-ish offset, something that will fill the arches.

#3,420 ·
i'm planning on running on 18x9.5 et 35 w/ 245/45R18s on a 2011 Forester with 2011 STi struts/springs. I've been pouring through various threads on here and noticed some people with this wheel combo have fenders rolled but not others. I'm guessing that it depends on whether or not you install struts with spacers.

I'd rather not roll the fenders due to the winter conditions where I live. If I installed the 2011 STi struts with 1" spacers in the rear and 3/4" in the front would I have a rubbing issue? This would require changing the bolts on the struts correct?

I used this calculator but of course it doesn't take into account the fender and strut placement
Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

#3,424 ·
May I ask why winter climate is a factor in whether or not you would roll your fenders? Inquiring minds with rolled fenders from Ontario want to know...

With that setup and those spacers you'll need to change out the studs on the upper strut mounts (aka top hats). You also should have plenty of clearance as long as you've got a decent alignment with some negative camber.
I think the primary reason some have rolled fenders while others don't is the tires themselves. Not all tires are created equally and some 245's fit like a 235 while others fit like a 255, and only a select few actually fit like a 245... which leads you to question what a 245 is actually supposed to fit like. :confused:

#3,447 ·
Meaty Fitment Thread

Hey Guys! so i figured since im going with a meatier tire and wheel set up i might as well start a place to put the pictures!

Format posts as follows

1- Car Year and Model
2- Wheel and tire Specs
3- Fender Work
4- Suspension set up
5- Pictures! :icon_biggrin:

Lets see what you've got! :bananapowerslide:

#3,449 ·
#3,457 ·
Thanks man I need beefier tires, but its coming a long great. slow aftermarket but not to worry.

I'm a big fan of the forester, wish the SJ did have a hood scoop cuz no one thinks its turbo lol...

I went to wicked big meet last year and people were like really! of a subaru is that? smh =( no subie love haha

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.