User Tag List

135Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1711 of 1747 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 09:52 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2016
Car Model: Subaru Forester XT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
@lcrazyaznl What caused you to buy a 2nd CVT with your FXT under 100k? How much was the CVT? I'm a little skeptical with CVT's as I've heard they are expensive, and prove no more longevity than a much cheaper tranny. Beautiful car BTW. Eye candy no doubt...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1712 of 1747 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2014
Car Model: FXT Limited
Transmission: HT-CVT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdustytrunkMonkey View Post
@Colby I really like the Yakima loadwarrior. I mainly want it for a spare, 20L Jerry can, and gear. Have you noticed a lot of drag at highway speeds? I really dig the wrap on your grill chrome. Or plasti dip. I plan on doing the same with mine. The white pinstripe on the bumper is cool too.
Thank you, the Loadwarrior is def worth the purchase. From carrying camping gear to carrying a fullsize spare with the Yakima bracket, its the most practical mod for sure. There is very minor windnoise at 110km/h on the empty basket, however with the tire its more noticeable. To be fair, I have come from a 94 Twin Turbo Legacy with minimal noise insulation and a 3" catback. I found the forester way to quiet stock, with the basket added a hint of noise, the tire is pretty liveable. Ive also done a 2.5" STI Catback with Nameless Mufflers and its even louder then the Legacy on WOT but quieter on cruise and idle. but if you mean drag as in RPM's/milage... maybe eating up an extra 1 L/100KM's. However the piece of mind for the full size spare and carrying capabilities outweighs the extra fuel costs.

Grill was originally dipped along with the fog bezels. The dragonflies and bugs ate through it fairly quick. I grabbed some 3M DiNoc Carbon Wrap and did it up. Took a week doing a piece a night or so. Slow process and its not perfect but decent enough I can live with. Pinstripe is some vinyl hand laid in there. Easy to apply and can be gotten in many colours.

TackoTruck and TrapTastic like this.

cspencephoto.com
flickr.com/colbyspence
post #1713 of 1747 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 09:57 PM
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
Thank you, the Loadwarrior is def worth the purchase. From carrying camping gear to carrying a fullsize spare with the Yakima bracket, its the most practical mod for sure. There is very minor windnoise at 110km/h on the empty basket, however with the tire its more noticeable. To be fair, I have come from a 94 Twin Turbo Legacy with minimal noise insulation and a 3" catback. I found the forester way to quiet stock, with the basket added a hint of noise, the tire is pretty liveable. Ive also done a 2.5" STI Catback with Nameless Mufflers and its even louder then the Legacy on WOT but quieter on cruise and idle. but if you mean drag as in RPM's/milage... maybe eating up an extra 1 L/100KM's. However the piece of mind for the full size spare and carrying capabilities outweighs the extra fuel costs.

Grill was originally dipped along with the fog bezels. The dragonflies and bugs ate through it fairly quick. I grabbed some 3M DiNoc Carbon Wrap and did it up. Took a week doing a piece a night or so. Slow process and its not perfect but decent enough I can live with. Pinstripe is some vinyl hand laid in there. Easy to apply and can be gotten in many colours.
Nice. I'm thinking about it just for improving space in mine. The luxury would be nice considering a passenger, a 16 month old, and all our gear. I have a Yakima bike tray, and don't want to counter brands. It's been dumping snow, and the place I wash my car for free is being rebuilt. I'll post pics soon. I have a dark gray FXT. Just had the front chrome wrapped gloss black. Fog lights are tinted yellow (I like the contrast, and looks better on snow then white light). Also had the chrome trim around the fog lights Carbon wrapped. Props for doing the wrap yourself! I had mine done by Zach Ahn in SLC, UT. He's done full car wraps, and regularly tints and wraps.

I really want to get some of the "cheek lights" on the front fascia. Not sure what those vertical LEDs are actually called? I really like the OEM ones, but they are pricey from Japan Parts (not to mentioned shipping). Although the currency exchange rate from USD to Japanese is in a better position than it has been. I've seen some on ebay, but they look kinda cheap. I definitely want to fit the lights without bracket issues, and has distinct "good" quality LEDs lined up.

I'll share photos with everyone soon. Too much snow, no car wash (yet), and need to borrow my friends DSLR.

post #1714 of 1747 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 10:10 PM
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrazyaznl View Post
Its been fun guys March 2013 - Nov 2016
94,000 miles
2cvts

Where did you get the cool LED headlights? Ebay? What do they run for? I really like the LED "eyeliner" look.
post #1715 of 1747 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 07:17 AM
Forum Member

Garage
Quote:
Where did you get the cool LED headlights? Ebay? What do they run for? I really like the LED "eyeliner" look.

His are the OEM JDM Vent DRL's. I have the EBay edition. OEM is 4 LEDs, EBay is 9 I think. I ended up paying about $80US for mine and had to trim/dremel some of the extra plastic on the outside of it to fit properly. Took about 30 minutes to install, I had pre wired the relay and harness already though. Now my DRLs are the C-Light and the vent instead of the high beam. Yea, they are cheaply made compared to OEM, but they do the job and look good too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cspencephoto.com
flickr.com/colbyspence
post #1716 of 1747 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 11:58 AM
Forum Member

Quote:
His are the OEM JDM Vent DRL's. I have the EBay edition. OEM is 4 LEDs, EBay is 9 I think. I ended up paying about $80US for mine and had to trim/dremel some of the extra plastic on the outside of it to fit properly. Took about 30 minutes to install, I had pre wired the relay and harness already though. Now my DRLs are the C-Light and the vent instead of the high beam. Yea, they are cheaply made compared to OEM, but they do the job and look good too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Word! I've seen some that have this white cover over the LEDs which I don't really like. I did come across the ones where it's 9 LEDs with a clear cover. Looks much better, and beats the hell out of paying $500 for the OEM DRL's. That'll let me put my money towards a Loadwarrior, and a full size spare!
post #1717 of 1747 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2015
Car Model: XT Premium
Transmission: CVT

Out for a snowy drive today.
post #1718 of 1747 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 11:55 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester XT
Garage
Quote:
@subiegirl4life I love the wrap! It looks way nice. I've sent your photos to a couple of friends who would appreciate what you've done with the FXT. Have you done anything with your sway bars? King springs lift? Or did you do a different kit to lift yours? Your car is pure eye candy. Nice tastes ;)
I did not do anything with my sway bars. My lift was an Anderson Design and Fabrication 2" lift. Thank you for the compliments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161010_124417_1484815988496.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	380434  
post #1719 of 1747 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 04:00 PM
Forum Member

Garage

TrapTastic and chriscentro like this.

cspencephoto.com
flickr.com/colbyspence
post #1720 of 1747 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 11:00 PM
Forum Member

Quote:

I love the tree silhouettes! That's my favorite thing about your car! I had Zach Ahn in SLC, UT do my vinyl wrap. He's really cool, and works super hard. He's like 23, and owns his own garage that is bad***! I wrapped the chrome siding, the chrome around the badges (front/back), the grill, fog lights, tinted the brakelights completely red, and pinstriped the front and back. Looks nice with the chrome murdered out! I'll get better pictures with a real camera soon.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FXT wrap complete.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	381866  
TackoTruck likes this.
post #1721 of 1747 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 03:03 AM
Forum Member

Front wrapped
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FXT front wraped.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	381874  
post #1722 of 1747 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 03:13 AM
Forum Member

Method 502s w/ 245/65/17s.
Brakelights tinted red.
Chrome deletes...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FXT method glance.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	381882  
atron80 likes this.
post #1723 of 1747 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 11:19 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 16
Car Model: Forester XT Limited
Just a wee bit on the dirty side...gotta love winter! :-)

2016 Forester XT Limited
post #1724 of 1747 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 03:31 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2017
Car Model: Forester
I wonder are there any full camo vinyl wrapped Foresters out there?
post #1725 of 1747 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 08:19 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 14
Car Model: XT
She just hit 60,000 miles. Installed RS-R springs, and replaced front/rear struts. Rides surprisingly nice. I will need to do the brakes next.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3565.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	391762  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > General Forums > Member Gallery

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode