Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

NE Raceway Park meet

NE Raceway Park meets - 2015

25K views 319 replies 33 participants last post by  FXTerrific 
#1 · (Edited)

New (3rd times a charm) Date:
Sunday August 23, 2015
230 Pension Rd, Englishtown, NJ 07726

Well "NE summer meet 2014" was a blast imo...so figured id kick this one off early for a variety of reasons:

1: I know there's WBM, OC AWD, etc, etc...not everyone's into the massive/chaos/car events. So let's expand upon the fun time from last year!
2: So folks from decent distances can plan ahead final date wise.
3: So something can actually happen, and as many folks as possible can attend. Come one, come all. If you like subaru foresters...you're welcome.

I think it would be great to continue the tradition of Raceway Park in NJ as it's an easy location to get to get to...with a wide variety of events happening all spring/summer/fall, with many repeat events so we don't have a one or done date issue. Plus, for most events we could bring some food, drinks, etc...and hang out. Just because it's at a drag strip doesn't mean you have to to anything other then pop a chair open, enjoy a cold beverage and ask/answer a question about the subaru you're looking at.

Here's their schedule:
Racing Schedules for Top Fuel Dragsters, Funny Cars, Motocross racing, monster truck shows in NJ, and other fun group activities.

And so no one interested in running has to dig around all day (thanks to @Galager):
safety guidelines

What safety gear do I need?

At a minimum, drivers must have a t-shirt, long pants, sneakers, and a helmet. YES! All racers in the state of NJ are required to wear a helmet. Racers running slower than 14.00 seconds may use a rental helmet. Racers 13.99 and quicker must use a Snell rated helmet (minimum Snell-2005.) These are not available for rent, but are for sale in the souvenir store, or at various racing and motorcycle outlets. Rental helmets are $5 (driver’s license left as collateral – be sure to bring tech card with you.)

When is a fire jacket required?
A fire jacket is required for ALL racers running an aftermarket power adder (turbocharger, supercharger, or nitrous oxide system.) In addition, a fire jacket is required for all racers running quicker than 11.50.

How do I race?
Upon entering the facility through gate #3, stay to the left and go down the long road to the pit entrance. Inform them that you would like to purchase a time trial tech card. After purchase, you will be directed behind the tower and around to the fence that runs alongside our lake, where a line will form for tech inspection. Please bring a pen and use your time in line to completely fill out your tech card. When it is your turn with the tech inspector, he will give a look over your car and credentials to ensure that it meets safety standards. For those of you without major upgrades or changes from stock, this should be a very quick process. Please be sure to have a valid state driver’s license in your possession, as it is required to race and we have no way to look up a DL. Once through tech inspection, you will proceed to the staging lane assigned to you by the tech inspector. Please only use that lane throughout the raceday. From there you will be sent out to the track, so be sure not to wander too far from your vehicle while it is in the lanes.

Let's do this!

Who's in?

Hopefuls:
@Galager @jkoppee @nate_fisher @MaTTyBiGs @QIK-BRIK @mig1501 @trajik78 @MikeDrives1 @bkbajan @lcrazyaznl @Metalmania82 @greenchevette @SkateandDestroy @ashtnn @rllyrckt @Gdaddy721 @TheDome @max6spd

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
When you ask????!!!!

Hopefully have 2 "rounds"...but for first go around lets choose from:

Sundays are the open track day on weekends for any one that wants to run....and so we can watch misc cars have a go!!
5/17, 5/24, 5/31 and 6/21. Early June sunday dates are set aside for other events it looks like.

POLL ADDED!!!

#7 ·
Honestly that's perfectly fine with me man! It have the same vibe, and that's all I'm after. It was a fun time last year for a chill/hangout time watching cars make passes, and talking sunie!!

I'm all for the change if folks would like. Maybe that'll be vote #1 ???

But u may have some fun competition at Etown!!!! And even if were not at Lebanon this go around, ill be up there bud.

#17 ·
dont see why not. id imagine it would be in everyones best interest if this was kept alcohol free, but im not your parent. [insert the obvious disclaimer/warnings/advice here!!!! be smart folks]

a little grill and some burgers/dogs/soda/water/etc would be sweet!! they do sell food and all, but cant imagine they care at all as far as bringing your own lunch.lol.

#21 ·
def come along man (esp because we need more SH fozzies then others, haha). and welcome BTW!!

not really sure on the date. kinda tough as the last time i looked at Raceway Parks schedule it didn't go to far into the future...hopefully thatll change soon. anyone have any idea when most of their test and tune/race your ride/open track sat or sundays will be???

i know @Galager would love to call the lovely/well informed lady we spoke with last year and find out more info. haha.

#40 ·
We want open test and tune. I think it's every Saturday.
I'll check again, but iirc they're all called the Sunoco thing?

Didn't see that term pop up until fall. I'll find the other link, it mentioned like test n tune for the Sunoco thing, and street ET, 3 runs, $40, etc.

It does suck, check out that PDF I linked.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.