LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 329 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2014
Car Model: Forester XT
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SJ FXT Wheel/Tire Fitment Information

Hey guys. Today I finally put on my new wheels and tires. The wheels are Motegi MR274 17x7 5x100 40mm offset. The tires are Cooper Discoverer AT3 235/60/17R. I wanted to point out that this is about the biggest setup you can get away with on stock ride height. There is very little (~1/4") clearance while wheel is full turn. Also, as pictured below, you will see there is very very little room between the tire and the strut (~1") and also the wheel and the caliper (< 1"). I know there is a wheel/tire setup database somewhere that this should be filed under, and I trust the mods will help the info find it's way there (Thanks!).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 329 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Forum Member

THe '14 xt has 18x7 but what is the offset? 5x100? thx

post #3 of 329 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Offset is 48mm from what I understand. Lugs are 5x100

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 329 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 04:48 AM
Forum Member

Looks great man! How do you like the tires so far?
I want to start shopping for wheels soon myself and have never done so before, any advice on a good site to browse options? I want to go 18x8 with a good tire for the summer time.
post #5 of 329 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Thanks man! I also was a total newb with wheels and tires. I found a ton of great wheels on wheelpros.com and also just searching google images or ebay with the size, lug pattern and offset I want. E.g. just search "18x8 5x100 40" in ebay and you should get a ton of options. But once you find the wheel you want be sure to search long and hard because there is some random car parts vendor out there that is having a sale on those wheels and you can save money.

As for tires, I am loving these tires so far. Best mod I have ever done. Stick to the road like I've never experienced before. Definitely the first place to start performance mods. Eagle GT's look awesome and I'm pretty sure they will be a great summer tire.

post #6 of 329 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 06:59 AM
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Contributing Member

Car Year: 2007
Car Model: XT Sport
Transmission: 5MT
Garage
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
That is tons of strut clearance!
My FXT has about 2mm of strut/tire clearance on the rear, compared to your 25mm+

Also, brake caliper clearance can be much tighter too. I've run and witnessed other setups with between 1-4mm of clearance with the brake calipers.

The setup looks awesome though! Very aggressive looking in that rock crawler sort of sense.

post #7 of 329 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 07:36 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 04
Car Model: WRX
Transmission: Manual
i'm sorry buh i have to again 5x100? i remember somewhere reading that the XTs were running 18x7, 5x114.3...i guess i was wrong...
post #8 of 329 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2017
Car Model: Forester Touring
Garage
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^ OEM is 5x100 on all Subarus except STi's. The XT's you're probably thinking of are converted to 5x114.

WYLDCAT89
post #9 of 329 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Forum Member

My 14 XT is 5X100
post #10 of 329 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: 2.5i Base
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleThePleasure View Post
Thanks man! I also was a total newb with wheels and tires. I found a ton of great wheels on wheelpros.com and also just searching google images or ebay with the size, lug pattern and offset I want. E.g. just search "18x8 5x100 40" in ebay and you should get a ton of options. But once you find the wheel you want be sure to search long and hard because there is some random car parts vendor out there that is having a sale on those wheels and you can save money.

As for tires, I am loving these tires so far. Best mod I have ever done. Stick to the road like I've never experienced before. Definitely the first place to start performance mods. Eagle GT's look awesome and I'm pretty sure they will be a great summer tire.
Hi DubbleThePleasure,

How's your tire setup treating you now that you've had time to run on them? Any reduction in MPG's, rubbing, steering wheel lock, etc? I'm planning on picking up a set of BFG Long Trail T/A 235/60/17 for my 2.5i this weekend. I'm pretty certain they will fit without a headache.

Did you keep the same psi?

Thanks for the help :)

post #11 of 329 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester XT Touring
I found some inexpensive oe 17 in 2009 WRX wheels. If I'm correct the offset is 55mm do you guys think it will fit my incoming 2014 XT wich is 48mm offset...?
I'm going to install some 215/65/17 or 225/60/17 winter tires
post #12 of 329 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigBert1931 View Post
Hi DubbleThePleasure,

How's your tire setup treating you now that you've had time to run on them? Any reduction in MPG's, rubbing, steering wheel lock, etc? I'm planning on picking up a set of BFG Long Trail T/A 235/60/17 for my 2.5i this weekend. I'm pretty certain they will fit without a headache.

Did you keep the same psi?

Thanks for the help :)
So far all is good. Perhaps ~.5-1mpg loss, no rubbing, no troubles with wheel lock, great control in all conditions. Certainly not designed for wet driving, but they get the job done well. Those tires should fit just fine, I think you will really enjoy the new ride.

Honestly, I haven't even checked the psi yet haha, probably should do that. They look fine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwood52 View Post
I found some inexpensive oe 17 in 2009 WRX wheels. If I'm correct the offset is 55mm do you guys think it will fit my incoming 2014 XT wich is 48mm offset...?
I'm going to install some 215/65/17 or 225/60/17 winter tires
Yea a 55 offset will fit, just depends if it gives your desired vehicle image.

post #13 of 329 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Forum Member

Car Model: 2.5i Base
Quote:
So far all is good. Perhaps ~.5-1mpg loss, no rubbing, no troubles with wheel lock, great control in all conditions. Certainly not designed for wet driving, but they get the job done well. Those tires should fit just fine, I think you will really enjoy the new ride.

Honestly, I haven't even checked the psi yet haha, probably should do that. They look fine....

I decided to go the route you went. I bought Cooper Discoverer AT3's 235/60/17 too. I haven't been able to slap them on yet. I'll post pics as soon as I can. Thanks!
post #14 of 329 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester XT Touring
Question

Quote:

What do you mean with desired image?... From my understanding of the offset it means that the wheels will be farther from the hub in comparison with 48mm so the tire should clear the suspension more easily....
Am I right?
ner18al likes this.
post #15 of 329 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 03:36 AM
Mod Emeritus

Car Year: 2015
Car Model: Highlander AWD XLE
Transmission: 6AT
Exclamation

Everything else being equal, a 55mm offset ("ET") will pull the tire closer to the suspension than the stock 48mm.

You can play with the numbers here.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

15 Highlander XLE AWD
12 Forester (sold)
09 Forester (sold)
06 BMW 530xi wagon
00 Ford F250
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Wheels and Tires

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode