Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Review: Michelin Pilots Sport AS3

('06-'08) 
2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Nicad 
#1 ·
Sold my BFG Comp Sport 2's and decided to try some Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 on my 07 XT. I am running 17 X7 BBS STI rims . I went with a 225-50-17. The BFG's had pretty good grip but a rather harsh ride. They were also very noisy both over bumps and with a constant tread noise. They did wear quite slowly and I sold them with about half the tread left. I initially thought All Seasons' would end the fun in driving , but this hasn't been the case at all. The steering response is great with these tires. They have really refined the suspension on my XT.I know new tires usually feel better than worn tires, but these seem a lot more suited to my suspension than the BFG's. I hope they stay quiet. SOme have reported them as noisy. The other tire I was going to try was the Conti DWS 06 in the same size. I think this will also really make sense in November, December, and April , as it is pretty cold in Ontario then and I really feel the summer tires are sketchy in cold wet weather.

The setup on my XT is: STI rack, Forester STI struts and lower control arms, Group N upper mounts, STI trailing arm bushings and pillow ball lateral links with a bigger eibach rear sway bar and some chassis bracing. Really enjoying the car at this point. My only criticism is that the rear struts seem too stiff over broken pavement.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.